Weekly Post 19.03. - 25.03.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Hope everyone is doing well!

Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods...spring flowers are in blume, wild garlic is ready to be picked, temperatures allow lighter clothes for running. I love this time of year! Ran in shorts and Tshirt on Friday, yay! After a wet and cold Saturday the sun came out again this afternoon and motivated me to go for an unplanned run. I also made 900g of wild garlic salt. Awesome green color and fresh garlic flavor! As it is too much for me, I will be passing some on as presents.

I did well weight wise. After my fasts I weighed in at 62.5kg and was stable until the weekend. I ate out twice since Thursday thus the water gain in the last few days is absolutely normal for me.

This week is a little less busy than the last few as far as evening plans go. Work week is full though. Because of plans for Thursday, I will go for another B2B Monday and Tuesday and keep my cals in check on the other days.

Hoping your are also feeling that extra energie of spring! Have a great week!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Today was a real reality check for me. I weighed in at a record high. I have been fooling myself into thinking I wasn't doing too horribly, but this proves otherwise. I also got out of breath walking from one end of the school to the other last week. So, this is it. I have to chose to go one way or the other. I choose to lose weight and get healthy.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    This one's for you Kate! Appeared on my fb today and I am also working on rewriting my story.

adj9jzq9q77n.jpg
  • KateNkognito
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks @flumi_f !
    Good luck with your rewrite! A little editing goes a long way!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you, Kate. I've been there before...so many times. It's just so devastating to get to that place. My hope for you is that you start to make small inroads that gain momentum. I used to be a proponent of making huge sweeping changes to meet my goals. I no longer think this way. It's too much with all of the other things I have going on in my life. Plus, that all or nothing approach has never worked for me. I now preach small, consistent changes...no mayo on sandwiches, sub salad for fries, eat only half and take the rest home, and my favorite...park as far away as possible from where you want to go. It sounds so lame, but IMO, these things add up. And, for me, didn't require huge changes that lead to failure and self-loathing. Hope this helps!!

Planned FD today and Thursday. I have not been tracking. I'm just not motivated. Rather, I'm trying to focus on good nutrition and implementing those small changes I mentioned above. Hope you all have a great week!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I got 2 really good fast days in last week but other than that was all over with my calories and the choices I made. I lost 1 lb for the week, so I'm calling it a success but know that I really need to be making healthier choices on my non-fast days. The next 2 days, I'm going to be at the mercy of restaurants, so going to really focus on portion control and then will fast Wednesday & Friday.

Have a great week everyone!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am going to call today's fast a success. I have about 100 calories left for "dinner". I am thinking about an egg on a tortilla. I add a bunch of herbs and dehydrated veggies to make it yummy. So, day one of getting back on track: CHECK!
    Have a happy day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ah Kate, good for you for not throwing in the towel. It starts with one day at a time so that is one big check mark for you!

I've also been a little forgetful about logging in here, although my food choices have been ok. A few indulgent moments but overall, not too bad. Going for lunch at a restaurant on wed where I've always wanted to go... exceptional view of our harbour so I'm quit excited to be going. I've had some good work outs with weights last two weeks so I'm glad I'm back at that. Fasting tomorrow will be my plan this week!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    My fast went OK yesterday. Though I did go over in the evening by at least 200cals. Woke up very hungry at 1h30!! And had to eat something as water did not help. That normally doesn't happen. Opted for a bit of cottage cheese and then slept peacefully. Woke up hungry again this morning, thus I ate a Protein and fat ladden brekkie (fried egg / protein bread Sandwich with cheese). Warm and yummy at less than 400cals and then felt much better. Needless to say I ditched the B2B fast as my body was screaming NOOOO. A second fast won't be possible this week, but I will try to keep today and tomorrow a few hundred under maintainance instead.

TOM is around the corner... But on the upside, my weight this morning was the same as after my second fast last week :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am new to this plan.
    My BF and I started together yesterday. We started with our light day yesterday (Monday, March 20) and both did really well. Felt pretty good! :)
    I read up on the plan and have a lot of good advice and reading from the web and an online buddy. I also bought the book and it arrived yesterday.
    I ate 500 colories for my light day and BF did around 550-600. We both drank a lot of water and tea and ate a lot of good veggies and lean protein for our calories.
    I am not so concerned about what to eat on light days because I have am pretty well versed on how to eat well. I have been following a pretty healthy way of life on and off for the past five years. I am more concerned about how many calories I should eat on my non fasting days. I am going to read some more, see how I feel, see how my body reacts and take it day by day, week by week.
    All in all my boyfriend and I are excited about this plan and so far feel that this might be the one that works!!
    Both of us have a goal of taking off some weight before an upcoming spring vacation. ;)
    Meghan
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well my planned fast day yesterday went very similarly to Flumi's. By mid-morning, I was ravenous. So I adapted. Today, I was able to fast and stay within my calories, so a thumbs up for a successful day. I'll tentatively plan for Friday, although pizza and beer (our typical Friday night fare) doesn't make for good fasting!! So Saturday will be my backup. I'm going to start logging more faithfully. Spring is in the air and with it, more skin showing with shorts and sleeveless tops. The prospect of it is helping me get my game face one!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yup! Flossy you're right.. sun's out gun's out!!! It's time when you can't hide under a sweater...(my personal favorite).

Welcome Meghan, you are lucky in that you have a partner doing this with you! Support at home is important. I have support, but my husband does not follow this way of eating.

I've had a very successful day fd wise today! However it's 9pm and I'm feeling like a treat so I just poured myself a 8oz glass of almond milk into a wine glass to sip on... at 35 cals it's going to get me through till I brush my teeth and get to bed early!! I'm out for lunch tomorrow so I hope I don't go way over..... :# cheers!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! :#

We are looking forward to our second light day tomorrow (if that sounds strange) LOL. BF and I are really hoping to each get this weight moving in the right direction. Sigh...

Our regular day went well yesterday. Today is off to a good start too. We are both using MFP to log everything we are eating. I am planning on weighing in on Friday AM to see how I did. When BF weighed in today he had lost some more. (Men!) I am taking my weigh in on Friday AM with a grain of salt of course because TOM starts next week! But either way, I am on the right track for the future.

I love almond milk! I recently discovered cashew milk and find that it is a little creamier and also tasty. Unsweeteened vanilla comes in at 25 calories a serving I think. I had some in my oatmeal yesterday AM. Yummy!

Good luck and speak to you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today's fast was a bit over, but not much. I had an undeniable craving for protein this evening... I couldn't help myself. Otherwise, this week has been pretty good. I expect a pretty good loss come Sunday morning, especially with hormones easing up by the end of the week.
    Happy Fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys. My guy and I finished our two days of fasting for the week. Monday and Thursday. I am down 3.8 pounds and BF is down even more! Everything is going really well. We are excited about this new plan.
    This weekend we have plans with friends both Saturday night and Sunday for brunch but we plan on taking it easy with the food and alcohol.
    Going to check out my Pinterest to see what yummy recipes I can come up with for our light days next week.
    Hope everybody is doing well. :)