Snacks to go

Options
After some diary analysis I realize the days I go over my calorie goal are times when I'm not at home and get hungry. Does anyone have snack recipes of things they bring with them for such times? Keeping in mind it is summer and hot too! Looking forward to some new ideas, thank you.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MorningWhispers
    Options
    Make your own trail mix and put into small rubber maid containers or zip lock baggies.

Carrot sticks or whatever your favorite vegetable is that doesn't need refrigerated

celery with peanut butter (I use Jif's Simply Jif)
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it truly clean eating however if I know I'm going to get stuck when I'm out I' ll take a protein bar with me. I figure this way I'm not going to skip a meal and then binge later. It also makes me track a little easier as i know how many calories I'm having.
  • katerinavonhummel
    Options
    I like the protein bar idea, maybe I will get some that taste not so great so I wont be tempted to eat them unless in emergency!! Thanks!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Quest has an all natural protein bar line, and I love them. It may not be perfectly "clean", but they are about as close as you can get.

You can also pack any kind of "finger food" snacks - cut up veggies (pair with hummus for dipping), fruit (really, pretty much any kind of fruit that travels well - bananas, apples, grapes, oranges, etc.), nuts, seeds. A pack of almonds, for example can just stay in your purse until you need it.

I have also purchased the Earnest Eats whole food bars on occasion. They are tasty (the chocolate peanut butter and the cran lemon, in particular, are good), and they are made of whole foods. I don't consider them perfectly "clean" but they are better than anything you can pick up when you are out (for the most part).
  • dorothyatforty
    Options
    Trader Joes has bags of nuts and berries called "just a handful". My favorite is the one with almonds, cashews, and dried cranberries. They have a great selection though and each bag comes with 10 little individual ones that really help with portion control. Perfect amount to keep a person going.
  • thugstrife
    thugstrife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a bag of cashews and/or some beef jerky in my car for these such occasions.