Anyone using heavy weights?

Options
ldawson81
ldawson81 Posts: 9 Member
I have done 1 fusion workout since the long 4th weekend! I feel awful. BUT! tomorrow I am back at it. I always feel like a failure when I don't get my workouts in.

Reading more on this workout, I am thinking I should try using heavier weights. I have visited simplyshredded.com and I think I would really benefit from heavier weights.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you can handle it, then go for it, but doing quite a few reps works great. I started with 3 pounders and am now using 5 pounders.
  • linnyG33
    linnyG33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im starting with 3# the first time I do each one to see how many reps i can get it and then once i either dont feel it the next few days or do have a hard time accomplishing more reps, Ill switch to 5# and so on. I know different muscle groups can handle different weights. I loved that part about body pump.
    see how many reps you can do at the lower weights to make sure your form is there and then try the heavier ones, just maintain the same proper form. Ive hurt myself in the past trying to lift too heavy
  • JillA71
    JillA71 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been using 5# weights, but I think I'm ready to move up to 8# or maybe even 10# for some of the exercises. My biceps are pretty strong, but my back is week - those delt flys nearly kill me!!

I started with 3# weights, so it's exciting to feel myself getting stronger!