Weekly mini goal - a challenge

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
I talked myself back from the ledge. I went as far as to schedule an appointment with Medifast, but after reading more decided that would be my dumbest waste of money since . . . I don't know . . . maybe NFL Sunday Ticket for a Browns fan?

I don't need their ultra-processed meal replacements to lose weight.

Instead, I need to do what worked before:

- set an appropriate target,
- honestly and faithfully track,
- eat mindfully,
- make the better choice,
- stick with it,
- hang out here more, and
- tackle a new mini goal each week.

This week, my mini goal is: 100% tracking for seven days.

Anyone want to join me in this challenge? What is your weekly mini goal?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,086 Member
    Options
    Well, three days into it, I'm dead even, but no weeklies left.
    Goal is to be even, or below what's left. And, hopefully, a loss at Friday's weigh-in.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Can mine be to NOT gain at WI?
    Last WI I gained 2.6# so I'm going to try and not gain.
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. Goal this week is some form of exercise every day. I've got a couple tennis matches set up, so really I need to pay attention to walking on the non-tennis days. I've sort of let that slip, the last two weeks.

Murple
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I'm in with tracking AND posting the results on the daily accountability thread the next morning.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I am doing great tracking but keep going over my daily target and rely on cardio calories. I'm in for staying on target (not eating cardio calories) 5 of 7 days
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm traveling Wednesday through Friday for work. My goal is to NOT use that as an excuse to blow my calorie budget. Even though I won't be in control of the meal times, it doesn't mean that I have to eat like I'm not going to see food for another week. Really.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of weekly goals. My goal this week is to do all of my scheduled exercise activities this week (Friday as a rest day).
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Calvin! Last week I found myself thinking that I needed to do something drastic! Reality is, I just need to keep doing what I've been doing. I've been tracking and eating just a few of my WPs, but the scale is not cooperating. I'm up one week and down the next, rinse and repeat. The trend is down, but extremely slow!

So this week I will do what I know works and just wait it out. AND, I'm going to start moving! Maybe that's what I need to get things moving down at a better rate.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,974 Member
    Options
    Tracking works???
    Who would have thunk it????
    I am in for tracking 7 days
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I track everything, but don't necessarily stay within my calorie target.

My weekly goal for this week is to end the week with my average daily calorie intake to be under my calorie target. This will give me some flexibility from day to day to be over or under my daily target.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. It's been a while since I tracked one entire day, so counting a small victory already.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    Mini Goal stop giving in to cravings.
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mini Goal stop giving in to cravings.

How will you know if you've achieved that? (i.e. how are you measuring that?) Is it just 'yes/no'? Or is there some shading in there that could measure progress towards the goal?
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    Well, my weigh-in on Friday I was DOWN 1.0 :) . My little tracker I'm using showed 50 SPs left (including the 42 weeklies) , so that seems to be helping.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Can mine be to NOT gain at WI?
    Last WI I gained 2.6# so I'm going to try and not gain.

My WI was yesterday, down 1.8#
    So I made my mini goal! Yeah Me!

My goal this week is to swim 3 miles by 3/31. That will get my March total to 10 miles, a personal best for me.

I swim 1/2 mile in laps, takes me forty minutes before or after my 50 minute aqua aerobics class.

• Jimb376mfp
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Well, my weigh-in on Friday I was DOWN 1.0 :) . My little tracker I'm using showed 50 SPs left (including the 42 weeklies) , so that seems to be helping.

@Al_Howard
    There is a guy pushing his "theory" on Connect to eat all your weeklies. My WW Ldr tends to emphasize "that's what they're there for!" I used to not dip in to my weeklies but seem to more lately.
    I never use Fit Points.

Whenever I think I should eat MORE to lose weight Steve Hendler comes to mind. He used to lecture me on that concept.

ETA: @countcurt in case you're lurking about.

GOADs:
    Any thoughts on eating all the weekly SP allowed?
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »

GOADs:
    Any thoughts on eating all the weekly SP allowed?

My thoughts are ... you can eat all of your WPs, but based on the science of calories in vs. calories burned, if you eat more you will lose slower or gain.

The theory that you lose by eating isn't sound science and can't be proven by people who eat them. Just because they are losing does not disprove the fact that they would have lost more if they'd eaten less.
  • Al_Howard
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i79ighu44k6t.png
    Don't know if this will help, but.
    Looks like you'll have to "do the Excel math"