Introductions

Options
meanied10
meanied10 Posts: 1 Member
Hi there!

I'm writing from Phoenix. Mother of one, wife, teacher, and former roller derby girl. I'm currently a size 12-14, trying to get down to a size 8. I swim a mile three days a week and lift weights twice a week. I love yoga and belly dance (and skating still), which I try to do on the weekends.

I've been vegetarian for 20 years, vegan for 6 of those years, and am looking to get back to the vegan lifestyle. I think I just got lazy (my husband is vegetarian, but has no intention of ever going vegan) and went the easiest route. I believe in all of the health, environmental, and ethical reasons for being vegan.

Any way, I'm here for support and tips.
Thanks!
Meanie

Replies

• EarlGrey2016
    EarlGrey2016 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi!
    I am a vegetarian of almost six years, and tried veganism for about six months before deciding it wasn't for me. I decided I would still be mostly vegan, so I joined this group. I like veganism for environmental and health reasons, and partially for ethical reasons. Also, I am officially overweight and want to move well into "normal" on the BMI scale.

This should be fun!
    -Earl Grey
  • iruninpink
    iruninpink Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently transitioning to Vegan. I'm on Day 15 of slowly making changes. Health/nutrition is what sparked my interest. I'm currently reading How Not to Die. In the short amount of time I have lost some weight, noticing my body begin to function properly and feeling much better. Looking for tips and recipes!
  • whitneymorgan1
    whitneymorgan1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI, my name is Whitney. Mother of two, writing from Nevada. I have been 100% vegan for 8 months and have lost 22lbs. and have managed to keep that weight off throughout. Currently I'm at a plateau. April was a hard month for me. I just started working after 8 years, and the only shift available to my life is graveyard fro now. So from being over tired, and lazy I began eating less vegan food. I am currently getting back into it with being a weekday vegan. Hopefully by the end of May I can go back to being 100% vegan. I love how I feel when I eat plant based. If anyone has good recipes for taking to work that are easy to put together that would be amazing!
  • cadeymh
    cadeymh Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cadey! I'm 19 & from New Jersey and I go to school in Baltimore. I like to dance and I'm also a diabetic so I thought going vegan would really be a good option for me! I've only just started transitioning about a month ago, and I have to say I'm obsessed haha. I'm ALWAYS looking at recipes and expanding my knowledge about it! Hopefully joining groups on here will help me too :) also add me <3
  • Lorr115
    Lorr115 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan since January 2017 and am not finding it difficult at all. I was a vegetarian for many years in my 20's/30's but then gave that up during the "Blood Type Diet" fad when I was told I should be eating meat. Anyway, one day in late December I decided to watch some online videos about the meat/dairy industry. After immersing my self in the awareness of animal cruelty it was an easy decision. I thought cheese would be the hardest for me to give up but knowing what dairy cows go through I have no problem leaving cheese off my plate. I talked to my Dr. about supplements and he advised me to take B12 which I have found in vegan form. I also take a vegan multi vitamin every second or third day.
  • anderby11
    anderby11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Ashley. I have started transitioning into a vegan lifestyle for my health as well as the health of the environment and the animals. I'm excited and hopeful. I'm also trying to be more active and spend more time outside. I'm glad to be a part of this group!
  • cmbentley90
    cmbentley90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Chelsea. I am 27 and from Michigan. I started as a Vegetarian in 2009 and have been an Ethical Vegan for about 3 years. I have not always eaten healthy as a Vegan but I am determined to lose some weight. Feel free to add me.