CHIA Seeds?

Options
2»

Replies

• QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    I put them in yogurt mixed w/other things to rotate between cereal and oatmeal a few mornings a week. I can't ever do one thing everyday, I get bored too quickly. I don't believe in miracle type foods but I think they have enough good benefits to justify using them.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    I mix them into smoothies, but I just read about the drink the Tarahumara make chia seeds for endurance, and I'm going to try that the next time I go for a long hike or run. 1 tablespoon of chia seeds soaked in water for 5-10 minutes and add a squeeze of lemon or lime with honey (if you want it) for sweetness.
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat chia pudding at work for breakfast everyday. I also use chia seeds as an egg replacement in baked goods on occasion.
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I stay away from grains too, but enjoy using chia, flax and/or hemp seeds from time to time in my shakes or salads. Chia seeds are great for pre-workout. They definitely help with giving that extra little boost of energy.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I grind up 2 T flax and 1 T of Chia, and mix it with.1/2 cup of warm almond milk and cinnamon for a kick butt grain free porridge. Also put them in smoothies.

The cool thing about Chia seeds is unlike flax they do not have to be ground up to get all of the health benefits! :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I like half cup almond milk, sweetener, half scoop chocolate protein powder, 2tbs chia seeds.....taste like cocoa wheats....warm or cold
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I like half cup almond milk, sweetener, half scoop chocolate protein powder, 2tbs chia seeds.....taste like cocoa wheats....warm or cold
    Ooooh...I'm going to have to try this version. Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I mix chia seeds in my morning yogurt/pb breakfast.

yum.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I put them on everything
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How do you grind them up? I like using them but the seeds themselves are annoying in my smoothies and nutra-blasts? I have a milling blade that works on my Nutri-bullet I wonder if that would work.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I put them in smoothies sometimes, but my main use for them is as egg replacement in baking. They do make a bowl of oatmeal much more filling, though.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How do you grind them up? I like using them but the seeds themselves are annoying in my smoothies and nutra-blasts? I have a milling blade that works on my Nutri-bullet I wonder if that would work.
    I have a spice/coffee grinder that I use to grind up my chia and flax.
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, smoothies, salads, and anything you like! Except for me drinking them in water that's how I tried them first and boy too harsh ore for me ;)