State of mind

pacific904
pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
I rarely feel true hunger - hunger is more a state of mind for me, I fantasise about food a lot. The solution to this was to find a waitressing job a few days a week. I thought I would enjoy retirement but I do not - I have no serious hobby and my only passion was food. Although I am surrended by food now am too busy to eat and too tired to cook when I get home. Cheese and eggs are easy and low carb.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Sounds like you found yourself a good solution. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Sounds like a win-win to me! Hope your enjoying it.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Have you thought about the fun of putting together cookbooks? I have a huge growing one in a binder of family favorites (including recipes I've created over the years that my husband and I love), then I have a binder cookbook of recipes to try, and a binder cookbook of recipes that are cm (craving reducing, part of the lingo of the plan I follow).
    I am working on a family favorites cookbook as a gift to a new bride in our family, and if I amend/create enough recipes of my own, may do that as well some day. You might find that a bit of fun.
    I love food as well, love to cook, eat out, and it's been part of my journey (ignore the current amount lost, I am simply back having flunked maintenance - thankfully, starting out almost 100 lbs. lighter than when I began my original journey and lost 216 pounds over 4 years), to be honest that I enjoy food, and one can do so while losing weight.