Help!

Options
Sakzee
Sakzee Posts: 2 Member
I have been on the Keto diet for a month now and i have had a lot of acidity/GERD issues lately, they are fine in the morning but as the day passes it gets worst...so much so its hard to eat dinner and i can barely reach even a 1000 cal mark ...has anyone else had this problem,i need help please.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :( I haven't experienced this. My stomach issues improved with less plant matter/fibre.

Bump. Maybe someone else can help.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Are you eating anything like fat bombs or making bulletproof coffee? Sometimes that stuff is too much too fast when it's new.
    Could try some apple cider vinegar to settle it down
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Remember that acidity issues and GERD are often conditions of too little acid, not too much. The body is missing a key acid component, so it over-produces the acids it can still make, resulting in too much of the wrong acids and not enough of the right ones. The majority of cases it is a citrus component that is missing (not all), and something like ACV (preferably organic, with the mother), is a good pairing. I had to add both ACV and digestive enzymes (with ox bile) to have relief in this situation. I still do with each meal, and in acute situations, I still have to do ACV as a gut shot, but it settles my stomach in a hot minute. There are many online resources you can try to see if this might be helpful for you, but in my opinion, having some ACV and water (it must be cut with water - it can actually "burn" delicate throat tissues - how far it is cut is an individual choice) is something that can be therapeutic for most folks, and unless you have confirmed ulcers, generally is something everyone can try.

The fact that it escalates throughout the day just tells me that you deplete your "missing acid" stores early in the day, allowing for the escalating discomfort as time passes. Sending good thoughts. @Sakzee