Starting OMAD, I think? I need help!

rouhnaz
rouhnaz Posts: 62 Member
Hi everyone!

I am thinking of starting this OMAD thing, but I cannot find a thread on what exactly the diet is. From what I have gathered, it consists of fasting all day, then eating one plate of food within a 1 hour window complimented by one beverage of your choice. Also, I read that after the first 2 weeks, you allow yourself a splurge day once every 2-3 weeks. Additionally, I read you can basically eat whatever you want for your one-plate meal, but it is recommended to eat wholesome nutrition foods (but I plan to include Halo Top Ice cream on my plate!). Lastly, I read that it involves only having 0 calorie beverages throughout the fast, however I love splashes of almond breeze (30 cal) in my tea and coffee through the day. Usually this is not worth more than 90 calories total. Is that okay to do?

Please advise!

Oh And:

Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 170-ish lbs
Goal Weight Range: 135-145lbs
Start Date: Probably Tomorrow if this sounds legit.

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Hi @rouhnaz !!! Most of us started with this: How to Eat OMAD

Sounds like your understanding is about right, though. Let us know how it goes!

In addition, Joe's youtube channel has tons of informative videos. I think most of us binge-watch this at one point or another. OMAD Revolution YouTube channel
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Welcome :) you sound like you have the basics already. As @leveejohn said, watch joes videos, they explain pretty much everything :) and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. We're pretty active in this group and pretty awesome, if I may say so lol We all probably do things a little different to suit our needs and lifestyles, so collectively there's a lot of info/support here, don't be afraid to reach out for help :grin:
  • rouhnaz
    Yay! Thank you!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to ask whenever you have questions. We love to answer. Most (if not all) have found amazing health benefits from OMAD as well as losing the weight.
    We're really glad you are here!
  • rouhnaz
    Thank you everyone!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Yay! So happy you are here. I'm on my 3rd week of OMAD and it has already changed my life for the better. I don't stress out on the specifics because I just wanted to get used to eating one meal a day. I haven't stuck to the 1 plate "rule" and still have gotten great results. Now that I am comfortable with OMAD I am ready to clean up my habits a bit and will be implementing the 1 plate rule. I'm all about easing into things and so far it has worked!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to OMAD!!! :)
  • rouhnaz
    How cool! This is a very active group.
    Thank you!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Just start and see how you progress. Make adjustments as necessary. I would only worry about the mid-day beverages if you don't lose weight or if they make you hungry (that would be my concern). Good luck.
  • rouhnaz
    Good advice.
  • rouhnaz
    Thanks again everyone. I don't think this approach is quite for me. But I like it in theory! And you all are super cool! Best of luck!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If you still want to experiment, you don't have to go full into. A lot of people just fast tell lunch and then eat and even work up to that. So if the theory is right, just work towards it, you don't have to do it all at once. Same for limiting calories during your evening meal. You could work just on extending a fast and worry about how much your eating later.
  • rouhnaz
    True :)