Slowly upping calories... How long to stay at TDEE?

Options
BluthLover
BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
So I've been slowly upping my calories 100 a week. Once I hit TDEE how long do I stay there? I've been at this about 6 weeks and gained about 5 lbs. so how long do I stay at 2500 before I cut? Anxious to cut but Dont wanna blow it either ????????????thanks!

Back when I was eating around
1600 calories Weight - 140.6 and body fat (according to scale at gym) 22.7 141.8 and 22.3
Upped calories to around 1800 142.8 and 23%
Upped calories to 2000 141.0 and 23.5%
Upped calories to 2100 143.8 and 23.5% Upped to 2200 145.2 and 23.2
upped to 2300 145 and 22.8
This week I'm upping to 2400. This morning was 147..
Next week is 2500 which is supposed Maintence level.

Replies

• grandpoobah12
    Options
    Wish I knew. Bumping this to see what others have to say. My TDEE is up there too 2600 about. I haven`t been able to make myself eat it yet. I am at 2000 now.
  • BluthLover
    Options
    How's it going at 2000?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    From the increase amounts, it sounds like topping off glucose stores each time a tad more.
    And that likely means metabolism was suppressed, so some excess until it raises there.
    And likely some fluctuations with weigh-in day.

What personal stats does the gym scale have you enter for BF% estimate?
  • BluthLover
    Options
    Hey bales- age and height and sex. Also "athlete" or "normal" which I never really get so I put athlete.
  • heybales
    Options
    better scale then, and yes to athlete.

Height and gender is so it can probably report your BMI and if in good or bad range.
  • BluthLover
    Options
    better scale then, and yes to athlete.

Height and gender is so it can probably report your BMI and if in good or bad range.

How much longer should I do this do you think?

Thanks so much!
  • heybales
    Options
    Sadly you have a monthly variation in BMR and therefore TDEE (sadly from perspective of scale and logging and calculating stuff out).

I'd say couple weeks at estimated TDEE. And see what the valid weigh-in days each week show.
    Slow gain, no gain, fast gain first week, ect.
  • BluthLover
    Options
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    How's it going at 2000?

No weight lost but none gained either. wait scratch that , in one day I gained 2 lbs that didn`t go away. This week I try 2300 it is 2 weeks from original post now. I guess I should really try to eat that every day. Non workout days tend to be a little less. I think a little cellulite is gone but that is probably all in my head.
  • BluthLover
    Options
    How's it going at 2000?

No weight lost but none gained either. wait scratch that , in one day I gained 2 lbs that didn`t go away. This week I try 2300 it is 2 weeks from original post now. I guess I should really try to eat that every day. Non workout days tend to be a little less. I think a little cellulite is gone but that is probably all in my head.

I was gonna quit this week but decided not too. I'm just hating seeing the scale increase but also Dont wanna be right back where I started in a few months. Ya know? So I'm gonna eat at TDEE and just take it a week at a time. ???? Is 2300 your TDEE?
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this- having the same doubts and experience. my tdee is 2580 and I am having trouble conceiving that I will not gain at that level. Have just started upping mine too, but I cant help exercising and I knock down my net calories.

finding this harder than I thought.

Len
  • BluthLover
    Options
    I am just starting this- having the same doubts and experience. my tdee is 2580 and I am having trouble conceiving that I will not gain at that level. Have just started upping mine too, but I cant help exercising and I knock down my net calories.

finding this harder than I thought.

Len

It's very difficult! What made you decide to up calories?
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Some of the best answers to your question(s) can be found on the EatMore2WeighLess website. Here is an awesome link that answers all of the common questions and concerns about resetting:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-how-much-longer/

The entire process is explained there, as well as ways to know that your reset is complete...
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have been increasing since April, slowly. I've only gained. I don't know if I should keep climbing or cut now.