I need a Baby Sitter.

Options
rgersh38
rgersh38 Posts: 3 Member
If my husband has a meeting, I can't keep myself away from the crackers in the pantry. I've just asked him to take them with him when he goes out to save me from myself. I have the last 7 pounds to lose and all I can think about is food. Especially when I am bored.:frown: I'm 75 years young and have been fighting this battle all my life. Help

Replies

• LiterateParakeet
    Options
    I'm new here too, so I'm with you in trying to figure these things out. Have you tried substituting something for the eating? Hobbies? Do you knit, crochet, sew, paint, or draw . . .or whatever. Or what about meditation, mindfulness or other? Or--I know one of the reasons I eat for comfort is the chemical release (from chocolate mostly) that calms me. So I'm going to try and get that same feeling from either exercise (endorphins are great chemicals!) or from meditative art called Zendoodle.

Or how about acts of service? When you find yourself thinking about food, tell yourself that is a reminder to think of someone else. Then write a note, send an email, make something...for someone else. I don't know if this one would work for me, but I'll have to try it.
  • bunnies26
    bunnies26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How about planning that time as your splurge? and then just eat the serving size or a little more?