First 10k race since experimenting with LC

Options
Stockholm_Andy
Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
I ran my first 10k race since starting experimenting with a low carb diet around 45 days ago.

I surprisingly didn't feel any perceived increase in effort level or drop in performance. Granted I am coming back from an injury but still I was pleasantly surprised.

Even more so as I had done an hour and half of upper body lifting first thing in the morning. Then raced 3 hours later.

Who needs glycogen LOL

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome.Congrats! :)
    How was your time? Was it about what was expected?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    I did a race after starting keto but only about 3 weeks in and hadn't fully adjusted yet. My time was decent for the amount of training I'd done at that point but probably could have been better. I'm running another race in 2 weeks after redoing C25K. So far training has been going well. It's nice being fat-adapted! :)
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it! I'm hoping to get some serious cycling in this summer, and haven't done that yet while on keto.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm a fair margin faster than the glyco runners in my local pack so I bet you'll find when you've recovered more you'll be doing even better than before you made the switch :)