Low Carb and High Intensity Exercise

Options
pixelled
pixelled Posts: 70 Member
I've tried Induction many times and invariably I fail, whether it be 3 days later or 1 day, the part I find most difficult is the impact on my workouts. I do HIIT on a stairmill, and when i cut my carbs back to 20 per day I can hardly do 30 minutes at a very low level.. no intervals at all.

Has anyone else experienced this and does it get better as your body gets used to not having carbs? I only want to do induction for 2 weeks so perhaps i'll have to just walk on the treadmill for 20-30 mins instead of my usual High Intensity workouts?

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and thanks for the FR!

Absolutely that happens to an awful lot of people in Induction. I felt miserable for four days, and even raising my arms felt like it would take everything I had. On the fifth day, I felt almost normal again, and by the seventh day, I had so much energy I felt almost superhuman, I wasn't getting tired / worn out / fatigued, even around 2pm or 5pm.

But yes, days three and four were the worst, and you still managed to do HIIT? That's absolutely incredible! It seems if you go as you suggested, with a lighter workout on the treadmill (or none for a couple days) you'd completely be able to do it!

And though I sound like a broken record, if you're doing Induction, always remember to eat your salad veggies!

Be well, be safe!
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and encouragement! I couldn't do HIIT by day 2 in the past, I could barely do the lowest level for 20-30 mins, I felt drugged I was so sluggish. I am only on day 1 of Induction right now but I think this time around I may try to concentrate on strength training and walking (perhaps with an incline) for the 2 weeks of induction. The other obstacle is my glass or two of wine on Saturday night.. that's a tough one to give up but I should be able to do that for two weeks :) Going to take this one day at a time.