Weekly Post 26.3. - 1.4.17

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,551 Member
Had to start the weekly post so I can say that I lost 2.5 pounds this week! I am finally back on track. I haven't even had one good fast in a long time, so having two and doing pretty well the other days is amazing! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Cool! And you can start the thread anytime :D

Had a very busy week and weekend. Fun but not enough sleep...

Fasts have been a bit scarce and I'm seeing a bit of weight loss anyway! I've been better on non fast days I think :p

My week is a little less packed and the weather should be awesome. Gonna enjoy that!

Have a wonderful week!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Kate! That's quite a loss and hopefully the start of a continued trend.

Busy week for us with my FD planned for today and Thursday. Super excited for Wednesday...I get to take class with a professional ballet company. They'll be in town for a performance Saturday and will drop into my class. Rehearsals for performance in June start Sunday.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Only was able to get in 1 fast day last week and it shows on the scale this morning....but this week will be much easier to get the planned 2 in on Tuesday & Thursday. Have a great week everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling your excitement Kate, great way to start the week!
    Awesome news for you Flossy! It's really inspiring to hear your commitment to your dancing, have a fantastic week!

I've done really well all last week until last night as I ate almost a whole bag of ruffles all dressed chips! :'( I don't even like chips! They were my son's!! I just wanted something savory/salty.... maybe some cheese next time! :s I feel puffed up & sluggish so no doubt it's from all the salt! Darn chips.

I plan on having a nap (yes it's morning here) I want to re-awake to feeling better :# then just get on with it......

• flumi_f
    Options
    That happens Mamainthekitchen....

After an extremely busy month I started this somewhat slower week with a half day of work, lunch out with my boss and my colleague after receiving a good qualification, and a free afternoon. Washed 2 loads and instead of watching the machine turn, I sat on my balcony and enjoyed the rays and doing next to nothing B)

Fast day tomorrow with another half day and a horseback ride in the afternoon :)

Have a wonderful week!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I would say I survived week one with ease! Liking this plan a lot. :) I've bought the Dr's main book and now the cookbook. The cookbook has lots of good stuff in it. Still reading through both books to be honest.
    Today is Monday so a light day for BF and I. Our third light day so far.
    Black coffee with coconut palm sugar this AM. Lots of water and green tea...
    Mid day a big salad with butter lettuce, garbonzo beans, shredded carrots, cucumber, tomato, and a Trader Joe's dressing. More green tea and water.
    Tonight a bean and veggie stew with kale, that comes in at 221 calories. I will still have some calories left for a fruit or two for "dessert". Similar plan for Thursday's light day.
    Hoping to see a nice number on the scale tomorrow AM. Despite our busy weekend of a birthday dinner for a friend on Saturday night and brunch on Sunday with friends...
    When it rains it pours. :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Today is a fast day:

Breakfast: Hot Tea with splash 2% milk & 2 splendas + a banana
    Lunch: Strawberry Yogurt
    Dinner: Cheddar Potato Soup with a little topping of bacon

Drinks: Iced green tea + lots of water

490 calories
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hope your fast day went well yesterday! Today is a regular day for me. Tomorrow is fast day #2 for me. Definitely going to make sure I am dressed warmer than on fast day #1. I tend to run on the cooler side and wore 3/4 length sleeves. I felt kinda cold in the afternoon LOL. I had read that this WOE can make you a little cool on light days. If that's what it takes to lose then fine by me. I am liking it. ;)
    Will be nice when the warmer weather is here in the Northeast USA. Counting the days. :)
    Have a good one all.
  • rouhnaz
    rouhnaz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!
    May I please chime in?
    I'm joining the 5:2/4:3 fasting approach with cautious optimism.
    Tomorrow will be a fast day for me. This week I have consumed pretty moderately. I want to squeeze in 2 fast days, though, and see if I can make 5:2 a regular thing.
    When I'm feeling really super, I'd even like to do 4:3 -- but consistently doing 5:2 would be a win regardless.

I suspect aiming for ~500 while knowing that I can go up to 700 on fast days will have a big impact on my success here.

• rouhnaz
    Options
    Oh and, I hope you're all having a lovely week! Sweet dreams. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi rouhnaz!
    Come on down... Welcome!
    Good deal. As I wrote in another thread on here, I am sticking with 500 for now since I have a fair amount to lose but I see nothing wrong with going up to 700 especially if the good Dr. says it is okay.
    Everybody needs to do what works best for them. :#
    Hope your light day went well.
    Moving to a 4:3 at times peaks my interest as well. Let me know if you go for it and how you make out. ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Everyone is welcome in this group :)

My second fast went bust as I had the afternoon off. Went SUPing with sis...well I paddled her around on my board as she wasn't 100% fit. Ate dinner with her family. Still a low day and 1.5h on the board. Sun and fun were worth it B)
  • rouhnaz
    Options
    Awesome! @Meghan509 and @flumi_f thanks for the warm welcome. I'll keep you posted on how many light days I actually get through. Glad to hear about the fun in the sun!
    Light day (aka FD) going good so far over here in California. It's 1:20 and I've only had an apple and some coffee with almond breeze (30 cal).
  • rouhnaz
    Options
    Annnnnd I ended up having a "normal day."
    Pretty light though!
    I ate under 1100 calories today.
    :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Got my 2nd fast day in yesterday - this week is going much better than last week and I've managed to drop the little bit of bloat weight that I put on last week. Now just to keep it up and see a "real" loss on the scale next!

Yesterday I had 2 slices of bacon for breakfast with hot tea with a splash of milk & spenda, lunch was yogurt & green tea, and then for dinner I had a pasta fagioli soup topped with a little sour cream & shredded cheese, plus about 11 cups of water. Came out to right at 500 calories and was delicious!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    My second light day of the week went well. I was down a little bit this morning when I hopped on the scale. So that's good. Was hoping to be down a little more, but hey going in the right direction. :) I'll take it!
    Weekends have always been challenging for me, so I am continuing to use MFP to log my food and stick to a decent calorie range. BF is doing the same. He was down a little bit this morning but like me was disappointed it wasn't more...
    We plan to splurge here and there on alcohol or a dessert where we want to on the weekends, otherwise stick to pretty healthy eating and doing 5:2. Going to see how that works for us.
    Have a nice rest of the Friday and a good weekend. Chat soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! And a big welcome to all the new & returning people. I've been at this for a year & a half now, with unbelievable success in the first 10 months because I was very diligent! Logging everything everyday and I also did the 4:3 when I felt inspired... I take measurements, so no scale weights for me and I went from 37" waist to 29 1/2"! The hardest part now, for me, is maintaining. My waist is now up to 30 3/4", but I'm also not trying as hard, not logging as often, but I am fully aware of eating the wrong things too often. In general I think I eat pretty healthy, sort of low carb, low salt with tons of variety with fruits & veg... so I'm ok with this, when I'm feeling bulky I'll have a fd and feel much better and I try to do a fd each week. There are days when I blow it because, as a few of you know... I'm a candy lover! Or should I say addict!!! Put it this way, it's easier for me to give up wine than to give up my candy! >:) All in all, this plan really works!!! Keeping my sodium low helps a ton! And I'm jealous of you guys that have a partner who does 5:2 with you!!! I'm the gal making spaghetti squash and plain tomato sauce for me while serving the other 3 people here garlic bread & pasta! Yikes!

Keep posting, good luck and stay honest with yourself! Have a great day!! I aim to have a fd today.... if my plans remain my own, I will be successful! B)
  • rouhnaz
    Options
    Awesome all around!
    Today is a non-fast day for me. (Unless I surprise myself...but I think I'll have dinner tonight so there's that.) I'm keeping it controlled; moderate calories and a good amount of water are how I'm proceeding. Speaking of water, I have been experimenting with this infra-red sauna spa by my house. They say it is a passive calorie burner...something to do with elevating your heart rate and going deeper into the body.
    I dunno about all that. However you do sweat a lot! I think I'll be canceling my membership though and invest in something better like dumbbells or a bike rack for my car. Lol

It's inspiring to read your successes! I look forward to hearing more.
    :smile:
  • flumi_f
    Options
    A bit low on sleep today. Went to a game night yesterday and we played until 3am :p Couldn't sleep this morning, so I went riding at 9h30. Lounged around on my balcony after lunch and had a snooze in the sun and then in my bed B) Still feeling a bit groggy...too old for this, but it was just so much fun....

I've been battling the same 5kg for over a year (Newbies - I started 5:2 in 2013). Had troubles with my fasts and just ate too much on my non fast days. I seem to be in a better place on non fast days. Fast days themselves...well just 1 per week in the last couple of weeks, but I had some lower days inbetween. My weight is slowly coming down and I'm happy about that.

Moral of the story - my fasts and I don't have to be perfect. If my mind set is right the weight comes off slowly because I don't overindulge on my non fast days. Be nice to yourself and enjoy your life ;)

Off for a walk to get apples from the farmer, because my energy level is too low today for a run....tomorrow I will run B)
  • rouhnaz
    Options
    Lovely post. @flumi_f I hope you get a nice power nap or something. :blush:

Today is a fast day for me. I approach my fast days with the intention of eating max 500 but allowing room to get to 700 cal if need be. Really hopeful that this will work! Proof is in the pudding I suppose.

Also I am aiming for 4:3, but will be happy to do at least 5:2 weekly.
    (Week start for me is Fridays, though.)

Good luck everyone. Have a nice day!