Do I have to calorie count?

My understanding is, that as long as I eat a balanced plateful of food, once a day, that I will loose weight. Do I have to calorie count, weight and measure? I want to step away from having to do that. I was wondering if there's others who are having success, just plating up and eating? Or do you all strongly advice that I log everything on MFP?

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    No you dont, this is quoting what Joe wrote "Eat whatever you want. You'll find you crave healthier foods as time passes and your stomach shrinks. Don't worry about that now. Just no "junk food" (i.e. foods like chips or candy that you'd never want to make a meal of anyway)."
  • Brendalea69
    Also this "Eat ONE average-sized dinner plate completely filled up - including any desserts, sauces, etc. No eating from containers or bags, but fill up your plate"
  • LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you @brendagaudette that's exactly what I needed to know :smile:
  • Brendalea69
    You're welcome and check out all the threads on here it really helps :)
  • LittleForestOwl
    You're welcome and check out all the threads on here it really helps :)

Thank you, I'm currently enjoying reading them all now. Very helpful and inspirational!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    I've lost 25 lbs or so since Dec 30 by just plating up and eating. I wanted to find something that I could do the rest of my life, and calorie counting drives me insane (just my personality). Others have great success with calorie counting, but so far, I haven't needed it. I just eat "carb conscious", to quote Joe . . . I try to hold the carbs at my meal to about a fist sized serving of something reasonably healthy. But that's it.
  • LittleForestOwl
    leveejohn wrote: »
    I've lost 25 lbs or so since Dec 30 by just plating up and eating. I wanted to find something that I could do the rest of my life, and calorie counting drives me insane (just my personality). Others have great success with calorie counting, but so far, I haven't needed it. I just eat "carb conscious", to quote Joe . . . I try to hold the carbs at my meal to about a fist sized serving of something reasonably healthy. But that's it.

Thank you, it's good to know there's others doing the same path and having success. You've given me confidence :smile:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Try for a couple of weeks and if your not losing like you want, you can always count cals then!
  • LittleForestOwl
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Try for a couple of weeks and if your not losing like you want, you can always count cals then!

Great advice! So far I seem to be loosing, but if I hit a plateau, I'll definitely start doing that :smile: