Another ladies TOM post

Options
2»

Replies

• Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is my first TOM on this WOE. The upside: I did not actually have much weight gain getting UP to it, (in fact I lost weight?), now that it is day 1 - I have notice a small gain (nothing huge) - the downside... with a healing body the whole process seems slightly more painful and sensitive.
    Anyway, question: should we up our calories during TOM? I am currently not getting much food as I'm quite nauseous and crampy, but I also thought, what if our bodies need more energy during this time as it does "it's monthly process" ? Just curious what others thought. Maybe more protein?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hahahaha, you are Italian and so like me, will likely be able to get pregnant well into our 60's. Google Maria Rosaria Veneruso.... gave birth to her first child at 61 in Sept 2016. Lol, I think I'd kill myself first, @AlexandraCarlyle.

I'd join you - My child-bearing days are well and truly past me! I just do it for fun now.....Oh .... wait....TMI....?

:D

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'd join you - My child-bearing days are well and truly past me! I just do it for fun now.....Oh .... wait....TMI....?

:D
    Nope not TMI.... I've only ever done it for fun B) . Even when I was 3 I never wanted children, lol. I've always aimed to be the superfun Zia who takes the nieces & nephews to awesome events and fun times.

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Liadin123 wrote: »
    This is my first TOM on this WOE. The upside: I did not actually have much weight gain getting UP to it, (in fact I lost weight?), now that it is day 1 - I have notice a small gain (nothing huge) - the downside... with a healing body the whole process seems slightly more painful and sensitive.
    Anyway, question: should we up our calories during TOM? I am currently not getting much food as I'm quite nauseous and crampy, but I also thought, what if our bodies need more energy during this time as it does "it's monthly process" ? Just curious what others thought. Maybe more protein?

I've never been too concerned with intentionally increasing it. The body doesn't run on 24 hour cycles where it'd panic if you didn't eat in that time (or eat "enough"). Sometimes, the best thing for the body is to simply not eat, since fasting triggers various repair mechanisms and whatnot. Take your cues from your hunger, and be sure to include iron and electrolyte rich foods to replenish what you've lost when you do eat.

On a side note, I've found ice water useful for staving off nausea.