Training and getting Bulky!?

Options
Slivnfree
Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
Okay I have to admit I am little worried about getting back into Weights. I have been just using things around the house (Coffee Cans, Cans, and what ever else I can lift using my hands). See I have done weights before but once I get past a certain point I start to get bulky and "Manly" built. I don't want that! I want to look tight, firm, and all around fit without the bulkiness. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    LOL-Don't take Steroids and you'll be fine. Women have 10x less Testosterone than men so it is VERY HARD to gain muscle, much less get bulky.

I wish gaining muscle as I woman was that easy-LOL. I've worked my butt off for every bit I have.
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds like you know the answer from your past experience. Stop at the point that you feel is far enough in training and maintain there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know the answer from your past experience. Stop at the point that you feel is far enough in training and maintain there.

Yep
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I'm one of those women who can build muscle mass a little easier than the average. I look at it as a blessing though. I have strong muscle definition and don't feel like I look "manly" at all. In fact, I look soft and feminine unless I'm flexing or in the middle of training. Another benefit is that my amount of LBM enables me to eat a massive amount of food and maintain or still lose fat.

That said, train until you reach your ideal physique. The look in the mirror and be awed!! :wink:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    While I'm not convinced that women get "manly" without a massive amount of training (speaking from experience), if that's your concern why don't you incorporate more cardio and endurance weight training? Endurance weight training is worlds different than muscle-building weight training. Endurance weight training consists of lower weights and higher reps... If you feel that you're getting too "bulky" (:indifferent:) add more cardio, drop the weight, add reps.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wish gaining muscle as I woman was that easy-LOL. I've worked my butt off for every bit I have.

This... I've had to scrape for everything I have and I still want more! LOL It won't happen over night, so go for it and re-work your training schedule if you feel like it's needed!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You mean you get muscle definition? You're supposed to have that. If you don't want to look that way then don't work out and don't lose weight.