April Challenge?

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Active April-fitness challenge
It doesn't have to be "killing yourself" fitness. Just whatever constitutes an improvement for you.

Whatcha think?

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    YES!! Great idea!!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like it, and I totally flunked in terms of keeping up with the March challenge, so I'm going to give it another go in April...maybe I can actually get some consistency with weekly tracking and reporting!!!
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely in. Just have to decide the goals. Hit all my goals for March including 227 situps yesterday. So slightly worried about my obsessive approach to this. Need to do something on walking...
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Work is going to be starting the annual Walk 100 miles in 100 days challenge so I'll just combine the two.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    YES!! Great idea!!!!

I wish it was my idea. @mmultanen suggested it. I just listened. :wink:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    I skipped the March challenge, but I would definitely join in an April challenge (to give me accountability to get my lazy *kitten* back into the gym!).
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    YES!! Great idea!!!!

~kicks rocks~ Well...at least she's awesome!! :smiley:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm in for walking again at my local track and treadmill. Nicer weather means more hikes and moving again.- Oh except for the snow storm predicted in the NorthEast tomorrow and Saturday. (grrrr)
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I dig it...I just need to think of some attainable & specific goals.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate exercise (I have been doing yoga once a week) but I really need to incorporate something into my life!
    I will join the challenge with trying to reach 3, 30 min workouts per week. I know this sounds like a little but, but it sounds hard to me haha.
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. I'm just starting keto and am going to drop my carbs averaging =<20/day next week for 30 days.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm down! And so ready to succeed in this one compared to how I did in March =p
  • baconslave
    Options
    Ugh, I hate exercise (I have been doing yoga once a week) but I really need to incorporate something into my life!
    I will join the challenge with trying to reach 3, 30 min workouts per week. I know this sounds like a little but, but it sounds hard to me haha.

Sounds like a reasonable and realistic goal to me. When I started my low-carb journey, I could only do 2 or 3 days a week. Eventually that built up to 5 or 6 days a week. Now I have guns and thighs of steel. Like I said, whatever constitutes an improvement for you. :smile:
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Sounds like a reasonable and realistic goal to me. When I started my low-carb journey, I could only do 2 or 3 days a week. Eventually that built up to 5 or 6 days a week. Now I have guns and thighs of steel. Like I said, whatever constitutes an improvement for you. :smile:

Thanks :) Ive been able to loose 80lbs but still cant imagine getting into an exercise routine. Maybe I just haven't found something I actually enjoy!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I
    YES!! Great idea!!!!

It all started cause someone laughed at my "fitness burger in my mouth" joke :smiley: There are a bunch of us on here with fitness goals and fitness means something different to everyone! I love this idea and thanks for starting the thread @baconslave

April is a BATSHIT month for me with work and personal travel and I will need every ounce of motivation and dedication out there to keep me on track!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yes please.

I need help.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yes please.

I need help.

Meeeee tooooo! Fell badly on tracking March's challenge and on some days actually completing my challenge. Maybe I can do better on April's Fitness Challenge. Back to the pool to work out my sorry self.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'll try to be more present in April.
    Cause April is also going to be Autoimmune April for me as well with supplements and food eliminations.

We'll help you, Lori-Sunshine!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I'd like in too especially since I was thinking that I needed to set fitness goals again. I'm really really REALLY bad at sticking to stuff. I seem to give up about mid month. :( I think maybe if I stick with getting a minimum 5k (steps) a day and shoot for 10k (steps) 3 times a week? Does that sound pretty idiot proof?