Intermittent Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    CappyShank wrote: »
    I tried IF (16:8) a few years ago and it worked very well. In my experience, I lost about seven to eight pounds in three or so weeks. However over time, the holidays, of course, and my recent trip in January to the Dominican, I've gained back the weight, approximately 10 pounds. I am on it again. I drink coffee and water only until noon, then I have fruit, usually a banana, and go for a 45 min power walk. Lunch next, which I have to keep fairly light because a heavy meal doesn't sit too well after fasting for me. Sometimes a snack prior to dinner, but not always, and then dinner before 7pm. Really a 17:7 IF. No snacking for me after; water and tea only. I watch my caloric intake as well for the first few weeks, then raise up to maintain. I have a cheat day on the weekends. I am on day five now and will weigh in on Sunday. I am trying to make sure I get enough nutrition. Has anyone got experience with the "Greens" powder supplements? Perhaps I'll search the forums on that one.

So you fast after 7pm until noon the following day? I'd love to try that. I used to IF some years ago on MFP and was a member of the IF group. This post inspires me to try. I also just joined the no late night snack group
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have had a tumultous month with 2 funerals, a 5 day business trip, 2 graduations, a flood and an upset husband. I have been on/off on the IF during this time due to the craziness of the schedule I had to keep to get it all done. Getting back in gear and praying that my life gets smoother soon. Today has been a good day so far!