Day 10...✔️
    Still only did a total of 30 Burpee
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    DAY 10....COMPLETE

LBD-

-30 jumping jacks
    -30 burpees (first set I did the real thing, second set I did a high jump with a low squat, third set I did a high jump and walked myself into a plank....I HATE THESE, btw)
    -30 high knees

FW - REST DAY!

I can't do that many burpees. I'll have to find a replacement.

Jessica- I'm with you. Burpees are the worst. Due to an ankle injury, my doctor son (who is a physical therapist) told me to do them with my hands only going down to either a bench or hard surface table/bed. It puts less stress on my ankle (the up and down on the ground is awful). He says these work as well as the usual ones, but don't put the stress on joints. He is an Ironman athlete as well as a doctor of physical therapy so I figure he knows his stuff.
  • Lapoof420
    Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Rest day =)
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Trinity, how were those burpees...I'm dreading them

Kicked. My. *kitten*.

I'm ready for tomorrow though I got some cookies to burn off!
  • trinitymwilson
    Options
    it's supposed to say kicked my butt
    I guess mfp changes profanities to kitten how funny
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Lol! They do. I read that in a forum it started off as a joke and then they decided to keep it that way.
    I'm kind of discouraged. I looked ahead and I can't keep doing burpees like that. Uh!!!!!!!!! :s
  • trinitymwilson
    Options
    I looked ahead too... 50 burpees?!

when I modify these I jump into a standing position and raise my arms vs squat jump

Btw I'm sticking to one set throughout the challenge unless I'm feeling froggy
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    @SmithsonianEmpress @trinitymwilson Don't be discouraged by the number of burpees that is coming....break them down into manageable sets.
    You can still do 3 sets but spread the burpees over the 3 sets while doing the other exercises in 3 full sets.
    Example... last night I did 30 Jumping Jacks/10Burpees/30 High Knees x 3 sets.
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    4/3: Used day 1 from both LBD & FW as my warm up for my run. Restarted C210K today, feeling really good.
    4/4: Split days 2&3 of LWD & FW in half doing two sets of each exercise.
    4/5: Rest day
    4/6: Split days 5&6 of LWD and days 4&6 of FW in half and did two sets.
    4/7: 1 set of day 7 of LWD & FW this morning
    4/11: Skipped Monday, so this AM I split day 9LWD & 8FW into 2 sets. This afternoon I'll do days 10&11 LWD and 9&11 FW split into 2 sets.
  • Mjtckwnow
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My phone died last night and I didn't get a chance to post but Day 10 LBD was completed/FW rest day :)

Day 11 Workout for Tuesday April 11th:

LBD:
    30/30/30 Bridges/Lunges/Squats
    FW:
    15/15 Rows/Biceps
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Day 10...✔️
    Still only did a total of 30 Burpee

"I only did 30 Burpees", think about that quote and what a change it probably is to say something like that and then feel great about yourself and your accomplishments!
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    I am moving my rest days and workouts around a bit this week. I am spending the Easter weekend at Disneyland and don't want to mess with LBD or FW workouts. I will find stairs for the mini challenge, but use my rest days for Friday and Saturday.

LBD & FW challenge x 3 completed, as well as 10 floors of stairs on the Stairmaster.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    No workout today crew...physically, I just can't

• dbackgrammy
    Options

You've been killing the workouts. You really deserve a day of complete rest. You are amazing.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options

rest days are super important!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Day 11 completed: 3 sets LBD & 3 Sets FW
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    POSTING WORKOUT FOR DAY 12 WEDNESDAY APRIL 12TH:

LBD = REST DAY

FW = 15 SHOULDERS/15 TRICEPS
  • trinitymwilson
    Options
    since weigh in I've been on the war path eating carbs and sweet treats. I don't know if it's the hormones, my unpredictable period due to breastfeeding, lack of sleep through the night or what. all I know is I don't feel great. I got through LBD workout with little bear in my arms and drinking lots of water. I hope everyone has a good night.
    @SmithsonianEmpress @dbackgrammy thank you for being so encouraging ❤
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Day 11...✔️
    Gonna be sore tomorrow, I can already feel it!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Trinity, I'm more than certain it's a combination of all those things. Some of them you can change some of them you can't. Change the things you can one at a time. If you're eating sweets 3x a day cut back to 2....just as an example. Otherwise you STILL have 4/5 days left this week to make a difference. Don't give up, it's only Wednesday and it's not even noon yet :*

Thank y'all for not shunning me for skipping yesterday's workout. I needed sleep more than I could ever explain. Y'all are AWESOME.
This discussion has been closed.