Meal plans that acheive these macros?

Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
I am hoping to find some meal ideas from members that will fit the following macros:
50g Protein
105 Fat (not worried about actually meeting this one)
10g Carb
1135ish calories

I have been trying to come up with meal ideas myself, but its harder than I thought. So far I only have 3 ha. Its tough sticking around the 50g protein.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    my bare minimum maintenance level for protein is 52, my goal is 123...is there a reason you are setting your protein to 50?
  • Scochrane86
    this is just for 1 meal. I am just trying something out for the next 7 days, just wanting some help.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I don't know if you'll get meal plans exactly to fit that ratio but it would probably help you a lot if you ate 73% ground beef as your meat.
    12oz a day pretty much nails your macros.
    Could be a fairly easy week long trial that way.
    05d7mbwqm40b.png
  • Scochrane86
    Not sure why I didn't think of ground beef! thanks!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    I do want to just out a little warning though. What you're proposing is almost zero carb. Depending where you're getting those 10g carbs from anyway. And on zero carb, you need a bit more protein than keto because you're providing even less dietary carbohydrate for your body to use for its minimal glucose needs so it will use more protein to meet those needs.
    I have a handy little chart showing very basic protein recommendations based on weather you're female or male and eating ZC or Keto or low carb.
    I'll see if I can find it. But, what you notice on it is that the protein need increases when you move from keto to ZC. This is solely due to the greater absence of dietary carbohydrate for those basic glucose needs to prevent too much muscle loss.
    Nothing wrong with personal experimentation. Just want to share something to keep in mind in the process.
  • Scochrane86
    I appreciate the comments and concerns, but what I was looking for, was ideas for 1 meal that fit within those macros, im not eating 1 meal only.

What I came up with was: 5oz chicken breast cooked in Coconut oil and herbs, 10 spears asparagus cooked in butter, covered in cheese sauce (2 oz cheddar cheese with HWC), 2 Armstrong Garden Vegetable cheese sticks (I love these)

From what others talk about in here, that meal isn't far off from others Keto meals?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Although I don't log food anymore, the below is pretty close to what I make as one of my staples - probably 2-3 times a week. Sometimes the bacon is swapped out for a fatty sausage. With your question, I immediately thought of this and thought I would put it into MFP just to see how close it was.

I cook the bacon (or sausage) and crumble it up. Then add butter and oil on medium heat. When hot, add in the spinach and pepper until spinach is wilted. Add egg scrambled with the HWC. Mix it all up and cook until the egg is done.

I pour any left over grease right onto my plate. The guac gets added on the plate. I will usually add cheese as well, but that would put it over for you. I am sure you could cut back on some of the other to make room for the cheese if you want. I also do more spinach than just 2 cups. I figure the extra carbs there are almost all fiber, so it isn't a big deal.

z7wsfkggbkd2.png

Here is a pic of one I made recently with cheese but no guac and more spinach:

8yjd4uevd5nc.jpg
  • Scochrane86
    its not at all zero carb, and im not about to sit down and eat only a pound of ground beef.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited March 2017
    We eat a lot of salmon. It's close to what you want but not exactly. You could tweak it a bit to make it fit your specific requirements.

6 oz wild Alaskan salmon (pan fried in olive oil and butter)
    1 tbl butter (I use this on the salmon and broccoli)
    1 tbl olive oil (used on salmon and broccoli)
    Roasted broccoli

The way I make it comes to 12g c/47g f/41g p

ETA forgot to add it's roughly 620 calories
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited March 2017
    its not at all zero carb, and im not about to sit down and eat only a pound of ground beef.

I see now. I thought this was the daily total you were aiming for over a whole week.
    Makes total sense now.
    Something like what I misunderstood is totally doable but that's why I started wondering about the low protein. :)

That meal you put together definitely seems like a typical keto meal to me. If you're looking for that much protein in one meal you do tend to need to go with a lean meat like that adding fats you like. I think you've got it figured out quite well.
  • Scochrane86
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Although I don't log food anymore, the below is pretty close to what I make as one of my staples - probably 2-3 times a week. Sometimes the bacon is swapped out for a fatty sausage. With your question, I immediately thought of this and thought I would put it into MFP just to see how close it was.

I cook the bacon (or sausage) and crumble it up. Then add butter and oil on medium heat. When hot, add in the spinach and pepper until spinach is wilted. Add egg scrambled with the HWC. Mix it all up and cook until the egg is done.

I pour any left over grease right onto my plate. The guac gets added on the plate. I will usually add cheese as well, but that would put it over for you. I am sure you could cut back on some of the other to make room for the cheese if you want. I also do more spinach than just 2 cups. I figure the extra carbs there are almost all fiber, so it isn't a big deal.

z7wsfkggbkd2.png

Here is a pic of one I made recently with cheese but no guac and more spinach:

8yjd4uevd5nc.jpg

Awesome, thanks!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member

To be fair, you can use that suggestion as a starting/reference point. Get a leaner type of hamburger, such as 85/15, and drop it down to 8 or 10 ounces, and you'll have room for vegetables and other sources of fat. A taco salad comes to mind.