Ultimate fatty meal.

Options
WG_Keto
WG_Keto Posts: 33 Member
Seen this on Facebook this morning thought I'd share.
Looks a little complicated for my cooking skills lol.

Bacon wrapped Avacado stuffed with an Eggi5ooy2gwq8vb.png

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've tried many a bacon wrapped cooking experiments. The times I've been successful ive used suuuuuper thin cut bacon and par cooked it under a weight prior to wrapping. And it's still a total *kitten* of a process. Lol
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I cannot have warm avocado, it's just something beyond me. Maybe it's a cultural thing, in Chile avocados are always eaten cold. It looks pretty, but I'll pass.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bacon never cooks to the nonflabby state if it's wrapped around something. Yuk. I like the combo though and saw this on FB myself. I'd just eat them separately on the same plate. Not as pretty maybe, but still delicious.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWzVV_XrcM

Put this on stuff and make anything high fat and delicious.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I've tried many a bacon wrapped cooking experiments. The times I've been successful ive used suuuuuper thin cut bacon and par cooked it under a weight prior to wrapping. And it's still a total *kitten* of a process. Lol

I parboil bacon before wrapping it around steaks for the grill. It is time consuming, but the results are always tasty. But for the egg and avo thingo, I'd just have them on the plate deconstructed. I'm lazy that is why I never make Scotch eggs at home either.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Proper scotch eggs are time consuming....for me at least. Watch people on tv or facebook do it and youd think they're a quick snack!

Parboiling or parfrying under weight takes the flab out of the bacon when,wrapping. But again, with 3 kids a dog and a hectic woek schedule it's not a weeknight technique for me for sure!!