Help! I am stuck...

Options
JohnnyLowCarb
JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
h321atlbex6p.png
As you you can see my body doesn't want to go below 195 nor stay above 200. I am doing everything the same working out, watching macros, checking my ketostix (purple). I am in a calorie deficit. If you have been here what did you do?

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You've only been "stuck" for a couple weeks. I'd say give it time, a few more weeks, and see what happens. Your body may be trying to heal another area besides weight.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    You've only been "stuck" for a couple weeks. I'd say give it time, a few more weeks, and see what happens. Your body may be trying to heal another area besides weight.

Thanks @MyriiStorm ... just concerning when you had such a good run and then it doesnt seem to be working.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Well you started on 1/1/17 @ only 220 ish and unless you are really short, that is not significantly overweight for a male yet you lost considerably fast the 1st few months. Your body is taking a break and trying to catch up right now.

***And as a side note: if you're not eating, you need to eat. The absolute minimum a male should be eating is 1500 calories and I personally will not encourage unhealthy, very low calorie diets.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Well you started on 1/1/17 @ only 220 ish and unless you are really short, that is not significantly overweight for a male yet you lost considerably fast the 1st few months. Your body is taking a break and trying to catch up right now.

***And as a side note: if you're not eating, you need to eat. The absolute minimum a male should be eating is 1500 calories and I personally will not encourage unhealthy, very low calorie diets.

Thanks - my calories are set at 1700 per day, the first 8wks was at 1200, but I stopped that. But it sure is tempting to go back because the weight is not coming off. I will probably keep the 1700 calories and up the cardio. Looking for any "get into second gear" I am 6 feet tall.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    Thanks @genmon00 I appreciate and thats why I asked for others experiences. I will propably keep weighing (I am a bit obsessed at the moment and do not want to relapse - I feel like if I dont watch it I will creep back to where I was) but I wont worry as much about it.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will propably keep weighing (I am a bit obsessed at the moment and do not want to relapse - I feel like if I dont watch it I will creep back to where I was) but I wont worry as much about it.

I was at a stall too. It was just the stall before the Woosh! I stalled out at 130 pounds for about 6 weeks. I dropped my net carbs from 40 to 20, then woosh! This week I've dropped 3 more pounds and my inches have dropped to. (FYI, I know 130 is thin. I'm also super short. I'm doing this diet for medical reasons (NAFLD). I'm being closely monitored by doctors. Can't shrink my liver without shrinking me too.)

Just keep it up! Also, have you started intermediate fasting? If you incorporate IF with morning workouts, it can increase your fat burn. Having a BPCoffee only then working out is what a lot of people do if they need something but don't want to eat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. This is a pretty short stall. I would give it time and I expect you'll see a small whoosh.

If worried, you could always mix it up a bit: add or subtract a noticeable amount of carbs or try adding of subtracting calories. For me, I found I often experienced a whoosh after a day of slightly increased calories and carbs. It was almost like my body relaxed and realized that I wasn't trying to starve it so it let the weight go. ;)
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Maybe pick a goal other than scale weight loss for 30 days. Inches, something fitness related, something nutrition related, something lifestyle related. Help yourself refocus on total body health and wellness.
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I thought my body was done loosing weight when I hit 185 -that's when I plateaued for 3 weeks. I was a bit discouraged, but kept on Keto. Then the next week my weight moved again, and still continues to move. I got 3 guys from work doing Keto now too & they have all hit a plateau also. One of them just broke though last week. Seems like it's just something that happens. The thing that kept me going strong on Keto during the plateau was that I knew my health was improving -so I was good with that alone, even if the scale didn't move.

I say keep up the good work & know that other things are improving in your body right now :)

4f3aa5u0kgo7.png
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Being LCHF for around 5 weeks now.... I'm hovering around the 9 stone mark and simply can't seem to shift things in a downward pattern, but am completely 'composed'-carb free. No bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, wheat products or sugar, at all. Anything obviously and predominantly carb has no place in my lifestyle any longer - and that's a big thing, for an Italian!

There are carbs in practically everything to a degree, but if it's majorly protein or fibre, with minimum naturally-present carbs that's ok by me.... But can I shift this last pound?! The heck as like! And yes, I weigh myself every day, so I think I may have become a little obsessive. Think I'll stop that right now, and weight a week (see what I did there? ;) ) before even approaching the scales again - just to see if I CAN make a difference.
    I'm menopausal, so hip/midriff weight is notoriously difficult to shift... I know I'm healthy, and as fit as I can be, but I'm petite, and would like to just shake off a few more pounds. It can be frustrating, can't it?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    h321atlbex6p.png
    As you you can see my body doesn't want to go below 195 nor stay above 200. I am doing everything the same working out, watching macros, checking my ketostix (purple). I am in a calorie deficit. If you have been here what did you do?

After every 10% of total weight loss stopping and maintaining for a while is the right way to do it. It greatly reduces the chance of a 100%+ regain in the next 5 years.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    Thanks @GaleHawkins ! I definitely do not want any regain
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    Thanks all. After my complaining I woke up this morning and smashed through 195. At 193 the lowest I have been since I started this journey on January 2.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you are not already tracking metrics other than weight, now is the time to start...take photos, take measurements, then you can see changes even when the scale appears stuck.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    If you are not already tracking metrics other than weight, now is the time to start...take photos, take measurements, then you can see changes even when the scale appears stuck.

Yep, I am going to buy a tape measure ASAP! Although I truly believe the scale is indicative of the physique we are all training to obtain, it is not the only means. The tape measure probably is a better tool. Especially since I am coming up to my ideal weight. The scale will probably become less effective and the tape measure much more effective. Thanks!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I lost a bunch of weight (for me) last year then the scale did nothing but go up in Jan and Feb, but I was still losing inches and still in the same clothes that I couldn't wear at that higher weight last year...Mar I'm down on the scale and up on the inches, not a lot, just a smidge...however, in photos I think I look slimmer even though I know my measurements are slightly up (my butt is bigger, so it's altering the visual on the the chest/waist/hips proportions)...it's so weird how things shift around...I'm a fan of more metrics...even when they don't agree with each other...at least one is usually encouraging, so I just ignore the ones I don't like and focus on the one that is being nice...
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Options
    @tcunbeliever if your avatar is your pic, you look great and results show! great job. i am going for a tape measure ASAP. thanks for sharing.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Yes, that's only a 3 pound change...August 2016 to January 2017...