Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 1 (4/1-4/7)

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    My Active April goal is to do 540km on the bicycle (average 18km/day). While also meeting my carb & calorie goals of course.

I did 22km yesterday and 20km today, so the tally is 42/540. Good start and it gives me some extra km's in the bank for those days when I just don't feel it hehe.

Today is my weekly weigh-in day, and I'm down 4 pounds this week. A bit of a woosh and it was overdue hehe! It's a milestone too, because my 'to go' number has finally gone into double digits. 152 pounds lost, 98 more to go.

And today was also measurement day (that's every other month). I've lost 3 inches off my waist since February. About 19" total!! (my waist was about 70" to start, now 51".)

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty darn good today! :smiley:

You are doing great!!!!

High five and congrats!!!!!!
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I have been walking on the treadmill and trying to get atleast 10,000 steps a day on my Fitbit since the end of February. I have managed to commit to 4 days a week on the treadmill, but I would like to up that to 5 days a week this month.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'M doing 10,000 steps a day also.
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. Stay with keto woe 90% of the time, with 10% low carb during vacation week.
    2. Stay with daily workouts of 60 min swim laps/water aerobics.
    3. Add in Callanetics or The Firm 3 time each week.
    4. Enough sleep/hydration/electrolytes - daily.
    Good luck everybody, we've got this!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just began treatment for tuberculosis, and my medicine-induced diet is going to lend itself VERY easily to weight loss (think very few carbs and very little fat), so my goal for this month is, instead of a numbers goal, just to get to the gym 3 times a week. My energy is going to be so sapped, and I am very scared of the next 9 months of treatments, but the gym is necessary for me to maintain some semblance of health =p
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I just began treatment for tuberculosis, and my medicine-induced diet is going to lend itself VERY easily to weight loss (think very few carbs and very little fat), so my goal for this month is, instead of a numbers goal, just to get to the gym 3 times a week. My energy is going to be so sapped, and I am very scared of the next 9 months of treatments, but the gym is necessary for me to maintain some semblance of health =p

Great job turning an unfortunate situation into something positive! I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

• Ringbearer2
    Options

Hey, are you from NZ? I'm married to a Kiwi.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @motorcyclekopp, I doubt you look too skinny.... after all, 'bulk' is not muscle :p . You've obviously lost the fat padding over the muscle you have (from your BF%). Now you just probably look fit. A bit of weight lifting won't hurt you though, lol.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Fitness goals for the month:
    1. Maintain calorie deficit
    2. Wendler 5/3/1 4 days a week
    3. Cardio 1 day a week
    4. Stay active on weekends
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Hey, are you from NZ? I'm married to a Kiwi.

Hi there-I'm another one who is married to a Kiwi (and living in the US)!
  • lizdaves64
    lizdaves64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs under 30 gr. Fat about 115 gr and protien about 80 gr.
    Go too the gym a minimum of 3 times a week.
    Ride my bike either 3 times a week or 6 hrs minimum.
    Loose at least 10 LBS
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @motorcyclekopp, I doubt you look too skinny.... after all, 'bulk' is not muscle :p . You've obviously lost the fat padding over the muscle you have (from your BF%). Now you just probably look fit. A bit of weight lifting won't hurt you though, lol.

Yeah I couldn't believe it when my gf told me I looked too skinny. Just a few months ago we were both taking about how fat we both were & that we needed to lose weight. Typical..... fixed one problem, then the solution is now the new problem lol.

But yeah, I agree with you -losing the fat padding over the muscle is probably quite noticable. I didn't really think about that aspect of it all, but it definitely makes sense.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @baconslave. That whole no coffee thing scares me. I dont think its an exaggeration to say I'd probably die having to give it up. Good luck and I hope the diet helps!!

Not going completely caffeine-free cold-turkey. I've switched to tea. And I'll be transitioning to green tea. I'm a complete zombie without it. I do miss my coffee. Maybe it will turn out that coffee doesn't cause me problems, and I can have it back. We shall see.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Day 2...

Paleo... yeee haw? I miss my chewing gum of all things! :lol:

Sooo...
    Workout: 60 minutes walking around my hilly property up against the woods.

Active April: 2/2

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It was another great day. Day three keto under my belt! Again....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Patrol the past 3 nights and a 51 hr fast (!), followed by dinner, followed by a 24 hr fast is a good reset. And I'm back in my favorite uniform pants again.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Day 2--went on an hour and a half hike through the woods killed my activity minutes this week:517/300. Week 5 of C25K begins tomorrow. Yikes.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Day 2: active for the weekend, diet good - done!
    Day 3: gym work-out done!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    4/2 did strong lift workout be in the morning. Went for a long 5 mile walk in the afternoon and finished up the evening with kettle bell workout and day one and two of 30 day Beach Body Challenge. My carbs and calories were good.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Active April goals:
    P90x3 for exercise plus additional cardio, stretching, and ab ripper x
    Leangains for food plan, and for goodness sake get my protein up to three digits

4/1 - workouts done, food within calorie range, but protein still too low
    4/2 - workouts done, food within range, and protein is within range!!!
This discussion has been closed.