I did a pass on

Options
lynnbaum
lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
During these days we will be faced with things that we normally would of eaten or eaten to much of. Eating just 1 cookie could be a big challenge or maybe skipping the donuts in the break room. There are days after you workout you might want to get something fast with low nutrition as a reward for working out. Doing a pass on "out eating a workout" is hard. What have you done a pass on. Here in the US we will be having Easter in the middle of this challenge, is this already causing you stress? A good plan will aid in reaching our goals. What do you plan to do a pass on? I believe without a plan you really plan to fail. This month as stupid as it sounds I plan to do a pass on seconds. What did you do a pass on?

Replies

• chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    During these days we will be faced with things that we normally would of eaten or eaten to much of. Eating just 1 cookie could be a big challenge or maybe skipping the donuts in the break room. There are days after you workout you might want to get something fast with low nutrition as a reward for working out. Doing a pass on "out eating a workout" is hard. What have you done a pass on. Here in the US we will be having Easter in the middle of this challenge, is this already causing you stress? A good plan will aid in reaching our goals. What do you plan to do a pass on? I believe without a plan you really plan to fail. This month as stupid as it sounds I plan to do a pass on seconds. What did you do a pass on?

We went for a day trip to my hometown just to get a change of perspective this weekend. We have been avoiding going out to eat. We went to a local diner that used to be good. I ordered a chicken fried steak with cream gravy, hash browns, scrambled eggs and wheat toast. The chicken fried steak was greasy as Hell, the gravy had smoke flavoring added to it, the hash browns were raw on the inside and burnt on the outside, and the eggs were scrambled, but folded over into an omlet looking thing that I can't stand! I ate aboit a half dozen bites and then put it aside to eat the toast. I passed on heart burn and regret.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I also passed on a homemade cookie I saw at Java Express when I got my coffee on the trip home.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    @chandraminick I too am re looking at things I use to think were really good. The whole upside down blizzard think is leaving my life. We went to the DQ for dinner the other night and I got the pulled pork on pretzel bun and a blizzard. I really tasted it and I am now done and over it. Blizzards use to have big chunks of candies in them with chunks on the top and now you could drink them with a straw. Now lets talk about that sandwich and the fast food industry in relation to the diet world. As cost go up you have to do something to keep cost inline. Bottom line profits will stay the same and cost will be cut someplace else. One place is to use less or cheaper ingredients. Bread is the cheapest thing on the menu along with air and water. I am picking my eatout meals more carefully. chicken fried steak is a chunk of netted flattened meat that is breaded- counts as a bread serving, deep fried, and then covered with a sauce which I would also count as a bread serving. Sauce to me is flour, fat and milk.
    It takes me a long time to pick something when we go out to eat. One of the things I have talked about is how to assign numbers to meals so my DQ dinner is getting a 1. The next time I would go to the DQ I can then recall a number and not rely on my taste buds. I have numbers for all of the flavor of the day at culvers my weakness.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I passed on the whole bakery section while grocery shopping this morning. It wasn't that there wasn't anything there that I haven't always liked, but the fact that there wasn't a single soft cookie that I wanted. Sure wasn't going to eat four bucks worth of cookies, so I passed altogether and went for a small package of habanero almonds to burn out my sore throat.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I did many passes last night at golden coral all you can eat. I really gave myself hell today
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My daughter asked for a slurpee last night. We live in the great white north, and yesterday was the first truly beautiful day of spring. She got her slurpee, and I did too...but instead of the Coke version I would usually choose, I chose a Crystal Light Peach Bellini. Zero calories, but all the sweet summer goodness of a slushy drink!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I did a pass on 19 of the Shr d days this month, but am happy to report that I was able to finish day five of level one after having set backs this month. I am happy to report that I have been soul searching and pinpointed what is driving my commitment to succeed now. I've passed on all temptation in the past for days that usually impeded my process as related to unhealthy eating habits, and gained some control over my cravings to binge eat.