friends, support, encouragement

Options
lucyeliza_g
lucyeliza_g Posts: 2 Member
Looking for new friends and hopefully a support network to help me continue with my clean eating, I'm struggling to be 100% clean, and I've dropped in and out. dairy free, recovering from some serious eating struggles, finding it hard to encourage myself, bit of a loner. Would love to meet like minded people, I'm UK based but that's none restrictive. Anyone out there?

Replies

• kdeclerq
    kdeclerq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm trying clean eating, but I don't do it 100 %. I find it a bit difficult and if I try to eliminate everything I fail big time. However, I'm getting back into it slowly and have just rejoined MFP and would love new friends! Feel free to add me!
  • SandySH2017
    SandySH2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually just started. I have noticed a huge difference when I eat only fresh organic foods. I have a lot of health challenges that I'm trying to cure with the right Foods. I would love to be your friend and any tips and advice anyone can give me would be great. I am currently dairy free and working towards a vegetarian lifestyle.
  • SandySH2017
    SandySH2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    By the way, friend me on here if you like. The more accountability Partners I have the better.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You all can friend me. I am new to the group, but I have been trying to eat clean for years because of how it makes me feel. I do slip up once in a while, but get right back in there.
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love clean eating and I feel great following it a huge difference in my lifestyle since
  • BenJDarling
    BenJDarling Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Clean eating has helped me with much more than just weight control. It has helped me be more mentally and emotionally sharper.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey all. :) I love the clean eating and I feel so much better when I do it. I don't always stick to it, but definitely want to learn more and get more tips and advice and recipes. Feel free to add me, any of you.
  • MartynHill
    MartynHill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started clean eating and a week in I'm already feeling better, constrant struggle to fight my bad eating habits but making steady progress!
  • raebetty
    raebetty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MartynHill wrote: »
    I just started clean eating and a week in I'm already feeling better, constrant struggle to fight my bad eating habits but making steady progress!

Soon, your body won't even crave them. I'm fighting the usual egg/cheese craving this week, but that is partly due to my period starting in a couple days. But, onward!
  • woofus
    woofus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started the 6 week Eat to Live program TODAY so am thrilled to find this group of clean eaters!!!
    I've read all the books and have seen all the videos on plant based eating for several years. Have been "good" and "bad" at it. I lost weight for my daughters wedding 2 years ago and then promptly gained back the 30 and then another 20 on top of that when my mom died last year. Definitely would love to have friends here to support each other...Thanks!!
  • neuronutrition
    neuronutrition Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MartynHill wrote: »

It's crazy how quickly you start feeling better - I'm about a month-and-a-half in and boy, can I feel the difference!
    woofus wrote: »
    Hello! I started the 6 week Eat to Live program TODAY so am thrilled to find this group of clean eaters!!!
    I've read all the books and have seen all the videos on plant based eating for several years. Have been "good" and "bad" at it. I lost weight for my daughters wedding 2 years ago and then promptly gained back the 30 and then another 20 on top of that when my mom died last year. Definitely would love to have friends here to support each other...Thanks!!

I LOVE Eat to Live! Another great book on clean eating is "How Not to Die" by Dr. Michael Greger - the science is fascinating.
  • healthyfitsamantha
    healthyfitsamantha Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi all! I enjoy preparing clean meals for my family and adding regular exercise to my daily routine. You're welcome to add me here and add me on Instagram at www.Instagram.com/healthyfitsamantha to see my journey! :)
  • katys_workinforit
    katys_workinforit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    looking to add support also. I have been aiming to eat clean for 2 weeks. At the end of 2nd week and seems to be going well. The shift is driven to improve health and lose weight.
  • Elli76
    Elli76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group too. I have always lost weight when clean eating and have felt better. Trying to figure out a clean eating meal plan for the next 30 days. I'll be happy and thankful for the support.
  • KimsHealthJourney
    KimsHealthJourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Has anyone watched the movie Forks over Knives? It was sent to me as a gift by a friend of mine who tried clean eating and working out and lost of bunch of excess weight. I FINALLY sat down and watched the movie last night after owning it unwrapped for over a year... It was full of a lot of great information and I would highly recommend that people who are serious about this should look into watching the video. I would definitely be a poster child for the need to change my lifestyle!! I am also looking to add friends to stay accountable and support one another so please feel free to send me a friend request!!! Thanks so much and good luck to all of you!!!
  • ruthnjeffrey
    ruthnjeffrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dr put me on a plant based diet last month. since then I have started losing weight. It hasn't been a struggle to eat plant based. I find myself craving fruits and veggies. I eat very little processed food, and make 99% of everything I eat that isn't a raw fruit or vegetable. It's funny, but the longer I eat plant based the less sugar cravings I have had to the point where I don't crave sugar at all. I was amazed with some of the documentaries on Netflix about plant based eating. I have to have an operation so I have a goal of 60 pounds by December. I was seriously worried if I would be able to lose the weight but since switching to plant based, I am not worried at all. I feel so much better than I ever did too. :)
  • dangetshealthy1
    dangetshealthy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm trying to build up a network of fellow clean-eaters as well!
  • Sophannah2017
    Sophannah2017 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really hope I'm not sounding silly asking, and don't laugh....but when say clean eating are you referring to specific diet? Or general healthy eating?
    Oh and feel free to add me too :0)