April Challenge

Options
Spring is here!

1st April: 149.7lbs

Goal weight end of April: 145.7lbs

@VeryKatie when are you back? We miss you!

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow I got back last night :)
    April sheet is ready for everyone to use it now!
    Also I gained 4 lbs on my 1 week trip LOL. I was trailing a bit behind my 25 lb gain goal, now I'm a little ahead. But I don't mind that so much since the suggested range is 25-35 so I have a lot of buffer any way. And the baby has been kicking so much :)

I am a little worried I'm going to get food poisoning though. Some damn fast food burger joint served me raw ground beef on my last day on my trip (steak is one thing since it hasn't been exposed to air so as long as the surface is seared it's generally safe, but ground meat!?). WHY DO PEOPLE EAT THINGS THAT HAVE A 100% CHANGE OF E COLI CONTAMINATION!? Seriously, Canada seems to be the only country in the world that has clued into that. Usually fast food places don't serve raw ground beef though, they pump things out and usually completely well done so I didn't notice until it was too late. So I will be talking to my midwife about that on Tuesday and checking for symptoms. And it's so much more dangerous when one is pregnant too :( Otherwise though the trip was really good :)

And... this probably wasn't the right thread to put that in haha.

So. Goals for this month for me:

Starting weight April 2, 2017 = 155.4 lb
    GW on April 29, 2017 = 158.3 lb
    3 times a week for exercising. More if I can.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Welcome back @VeryKatie! Thanks for putting up the April sheet, I'm pumped! The eating thing can be so stressful can't it? There are risks any time you put something in your mouth (as in unless you grow it in the ground we don't 100% know if it's safe, although almost always is) so try not to worry too much, think about all the people who aren't as careful as you and have problem free pregnancies. The rates of passing it on are so low even if you do get sick. We are starting TTC at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll be joining you on the food freak-outs ;)

4/1: 207
    4/30: 202
    Stretch goal of 199...man I would love to under 200 before getting pregnant! Although it might take awhile anyway

Other goals are to continue exercising 4x weekly minimum, and average 12000 steps per day
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Happy April! It's finally stopped raining every moment of every day! We are 5.5" over average for rain/snow this winter, most of that coming as rain in March.

Start weight 4/1: 268.6
    Goal weight 4/30: 258.0
    Fitness goal: Average 10k steps/day and 2 yoga sessions/week
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back @VeryKatie and had a good trip overall! Hopefully the e. coli scare is nothing!
    @1fit_mamma How exciting that you are going to start TTC this month! Yay!

4/1: 127.8
    4/30 goal: 122 (same as March goal--have to get my act together!)

Other goals:
    - Bike to work 3x/week--this is only going to be a goal until my work site moves 25 miles away later this month. Not looking forward to that.
    - Swim 3x/week
    - Run 3x/week
    - Track DAILY. Kinda blew this one already over the weekend but I'll be good for the rest of the month!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Weigh In:

April 1st: 203

Goal:

April 30th: 199
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I guess my goal for this month is to maintain? lol I forgot to weigh myself last Friday, but I will this Friday and I'll post.

I changed MFP to maintenance and man does that extra 500 calories feel like a lot on some days! Its tough to change my mindset to say its okay to eat that much. I think I'll probably still come in under on a lot of weekdays and indulge more on the weekends. This is all assuming I don't end up with terrible nausea/morning sickness and am able to still eat what I would like.
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think they say you don't need to gain any weight in the first trimester (or only a little?), so maintenance sounds about right @jennamae102. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile! I can imagine it would be a huge change, try and enjoy it whilst the rest of us try and squeeze every last ounce out of our reduced calories ;)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Erm. Weighing in late. Had a way off plan weekend and scale ballooned and I want more accurate numbers. We've been having a string of bad luck here and not dealing with it well (re: comfort foods...why does ice cream make everything better?)

4/4 actual: 193
    4/30 goal: 189
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    1fit_mamma wrote: »
    I think they say you don't need to gain any weight in the first trimester (or only a little?), so maintenance sounds about right @jennamae102. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile! I can imagine it would be a huge change, try and enjoy it whilst the rest of us try and squeeze every last ounce out of our reduced calories ;)

Yup, I heard 1 - 4 lbs is what is expected. Though some women gain more in the first and second and then really taper out in the third, so it can still be pretty individual. I maintained during the first trimester, so far mine has been fairly textbook.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    This was yesterday. Look how green! haha a rare occurrence so I had to document it =P

wqnjvzuhtysk.png
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Great job Kayla. Im jealous of your sleep though...mine says I was awake/restless for 246 minutes last night!! Sunday night was sleep for 3 hours, 22 minutes and awake/restless for 244 minutes. That's HALF THE NIGHT. Ugh so tired zzZZzz
    I'm about to sleep in the guestroom, my hubby keeps waking me up while rolling around >.<
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Holy crap, that sucks! I think the most time I was restless/awake in one night was 50 minutes and I could definitely feel it. Hey, if that's what you need to do to get a decent night's rest, that's what you do. Sleep is important!
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wow huge day @WifiresGettingFit!!! I find the hardest target is the 250 hour with my desk job, time flies when you're under the pump. Having said that it is exactly why I got a Fitbit so it would remind me to move...work in progress
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Checking in for "Being awesome in April"...my motto...so far so good day 4/4. It worked against donuts at work. I have a goal of feeling good for my 33rd birthday, May 18th, as well as feeling good for my parents visit..May 10th....something about seeing my parents always stresses me out.....and then a wedding in the Smokies May 20th!

I did not meet "the plan" of having a baby in 2017, as I am not yet preggo. boo. I am signed up to try some Mayan Abdominal Massage/Therapy next week... should be interesting.

Weighed in on 4/2 @ 177.6...
    Goal for April 175

Feeling committed again to rev up my metabolism. My husband is on evening shift...so I dont see him much during the week... as he works 1-9 PM...but something about not having to worry about him for dinner..helps? ..is that a thing?...the good side of it? I can run to the gym and not worry about not being home. Just me and the 3 year old.

Going to try out the spread sheet.
    I've been doing small group personal training sessions every Saturday at 8..that are a weekly re-set if needed. I'm hoping to make it to the gym 2-3 times in addition to that doing Pilates, Yoga, Body Combat, maybe some swimming, Spinning........Something.
  • krizaten33
    Options
    oh.and feel free to add me to your regular list of "friends!"
  • krizaten33
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Got it!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow @WifiresGettingFit great job!!
    @Kirstie155 that sounds absolutely miserable! Maybe short term solution would be sleeping somewhere else and long term might be investing in a king size bed? Sleeping problems are SO frustrating.
    @1fit_mamma I'm right there with you on the 250 per hour! I can only manage it on weekends. I wish my fitbit were fancy enough to remind me. My husband got the Charge HR 2 and it's really interactive. I guess I'll upgrade when this one bites the dust.
    @krizaten33 I like your April motto! And yeah I think being on a different schedule from hubby could be relaxing. I kind of love it when I have the house to myself and the freedom to go work out after work instead of figuring out what is for dinner!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @krizaten33 I like your April motto!! Great job avoiding those donuts. I have eaten 4 mini peanut butter cups today, before I even got to work this morning. *ashamed*

@pezhed we have a king sized bed! Lol.

• girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Blech, well I totally bombed in March. I got sick the last couple days which threw my off both my eating and exercise routines, and now the scale is looking a little scary. I'm sure it's a lot of water retention and will hopefully go away quickly, but it's still a little upsetting to see my progress disappear so quickly.

But, onwards and upwards!

Apr. 6 - 198.0

April Goal: 190.0
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 - don't worry about sudden weight increases - they're almost always mostly water and will sort themselves out.

Good luck to everyone with your April goals - I have a good feeling about this month!
This discussion has been closed.