Weekly mini goal challenge - 4/3/17

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals work for me. They allow me to adjust focus while still aiming toward a broader long term target.

Smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if you fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Last week my mini goal was to log at least 5 activities of at least 30 minutes in duration. I didn't get close! I got out on the bike on a nice early evening ride last Monday, and I did a 2.5 mile run on Thurs morning. Unfortunately, I had pretty bad hip pain after the run and so decided to rest it the balance of the week. Without belaboring the point, the "hip bone connected to the leg bone" issue is something I've been dealing with for a long while. It feels improved now since last week and I'll get moving again later today.

This week: 100% tracking x 7 days.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    After derailing a bit, my goal is to track everything I eat.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,086 Member
    Options
    Another loss. Got 3 in a row, going for 4.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Planned to stay OP and did. Finally rewarded with a loss 2 weeks in a row! Staying with the plan this week.

Had also planned to move more, but an injured, probably broken toe, delayed that. My 'nurse' (dil) said to go easy for a couple weeks and then reassess. Ok ...
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I bombed last week so this week my goal is to hit my calorie goals for all 7 days.

Progress not perfection
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My goal was to end the week with an average daily calorie intake below my daily calorie target. I went way above it. I'm trying again this week.
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Mini goal (MG) Get back to the C25K-week 4.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My goal was to stay under my calorie count 5 0f 7 days. I only had 1, but only 2 where I missed by more than a bit. Refocusing my energies on this. It is a good goal for me
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options

To reduce foods high in sodium. I have been blaming my gain last week on crackers so I thought a good mini goal would be to eliminate the cause, not just use it as an excuse. The new jar of PB I bought is still UNOPENED, min goal is to leave it that way this week.

How did you do with last week's mini goal?
    I wanted to swim laps to get to 10 miles for March. I think I made it but will have to wait until they post March totals at the pool.

@Calvin2008Brian
    Thanks for adding this new feature to GoaD board. I like it.
  • glennowill
    glennowill Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    • Track all food
    • Run 3 days of the week

I've tracked yesterday and today so far and "ran" yesterday. It could be called a terrible run or a great walk.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    This week - stick to my calorie budget as an issue that has worsened with my back is making physical activity a challenge. Just walking across campus is a challenge at the moment.

Last week? I think it was to run outdoors, but I swapped that for an indoor treadmill run/walk as I was having some back soreness. I only went a little over for my calorie budget for the week.