April chit chat

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So its April, yay!

For this week i am trying to do so prep a few days in advance, so i cooked chicken and cut veggies and i think it might work out for me. Today i ate very well, was full maxed out my protien and still have calories left. I also pre-cooked eggs for this morning. I wouldnt do it more then a day in advance but it was alright.
What a great feeling. I also said no to going out to eat since i have to go out on Friday.

How is everyone elses week going

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Food prep is a huge help! I hope you like it!
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Woohoo HLa79. That is great work.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Having trouble finding some new jeans it seems i am right in between sizes one just a bit too loose to spend 60 dollars on since they wont last long and one a bit too small to spend 60 dollars on so i can hang them in my closet. I got another store to check out sometime this week.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same weight again this week. Lost 5 lbs last week and stayed the same the week before. I am going to rejoin the gym at work with a friend so hopefully I can get into going all the time before my friend quits...and then i will have to mae myself go alone....thats the hard part.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I love going to the gym alone......when someone suggests going with me, I slowly start backing away :#
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My wife and I realised that we work out better when we don't try to talk during our workouts. She plays bingo on her phone and I watch movies - we're both much happier lol
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    Holidays are so hard to get through without going off plan. I have no willpower when it comes to candy. UUGGHH!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    bevkidd1 wrote: »
    Holidays are so hard to get through without going off plan. I have no willpower when it comes to candy. UUGGHH!

Me too... This year i just had to say no to buying the extra candy its not like the kids really needed it either... I bought them each a 10 dollar gift card and 1 small bunny.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays though
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haven't been around on the boards that much. Life keeps me crazy busy. Hope you all had a good weekend.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, and my parents couldn't make it up this year, so I quietly celebrated Easter by myself, which was handy because I could cook for myself and keep the meal at least somewhat healthy. I still went over my calorie limit yesterday, but most of it was because of healthy vegetables and fruit. No candy at my house! I made jello eggs from unflavored geletin and fruit juice - no added sugar at all, and skipped the bread for dinner. The ham was good, but salty, so I didn't bother to weigh myself this morning - I knew it would be up!
  • RedfootDaddy
    Options
    We also did a quiet Easter at home, just the two of us. I managed to stay under my calories for the day, lots of veg with the ham and stuffing. A very good Easter for me, despite a trip to the Lindt factory outlet store near our house.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I ended up with 16 people for dinner! It was anything but quiet!
    We made turkey, Hawaiian ham, curried goat, rice and peas, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, salad, stuffing and buns.
    For dessert we had pudding trifle and skor cake. Usually I bake pies too, but did not want a ton of leftover dessert here.
    I ate what I wanted Easter Sunday, I do not worry about logging on a holiday like that. Just make sure to get right back on it the next day, which I did. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day and my birthday are similar. New Years Day we always go for an all your can eat buffet.

It's all about balance to me.
  • tatt2fatsean
    tatt2fatsean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made it through Easter and didn't have any Easter candy. I went to my aunts house and sat next to my little cousin's candy stash and ate two hard boiled eggs only. That's incredible for me. I love you all thanks for being you! We are doing great things!
  • RedfootDaddy
    Options
    So lesson learned over Easter: I have zero self-control when it comes to milk chocolate. But dark chocolate kills the chocolate craving and I can stop after half a serving. Good to know.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    Well...the damage was done from Easter. I gained 4 pounds but I may have already lost that this week. I have to work extra hard because I have to lose the weight I gained last week plus try to lose weight for this week. I'm hoping I will do it. If not, then at least the 4 I gained last week.

My goal of losing 50 pounds before August 14th is going very slow. Hopefully the exercise I have started doing will help me reach my goal. My scale showed me at 288 this morning. I am getting closer to the 180 I was at when I fell off the wagon and stayed off for a few months. I just gotta keep plugging away...I will get to my goal...
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Having trouble finding some new jeans it seems i am right in between sizes one just a bit too loose to spend 60 dollars on since they wont last long and one a bit too small to spend 60 dollars on so i can hang them in my closet. I got another store to check out sometime this week.

My shirts are starting to fit pretty lose. I can't wait to start buying smaller sizes. It helps me to have a partner to keep me on the straight path. My niece and I help keep each other accountable. I have been pretty motivated on my own..it just helps to have someone looking out for you.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    So its April, yay!

For this week i am trying to do so prep a few days in advance, so i cooked chicken and cut veggies and i think it might work out for me. Today i ate very well, was full maxed out my protien and still have calories left. I also pre-cooked eggs for this morning. I wouldnt do it more then a day in advance but it was alright.
    What a great feeling. I also said no to going out to eat since i have to go out on Friday.

How is everyone elses week going

Food prep helps me a great deal. That way I am not buying out or racing in the morning to get something together for my day.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else is interested in joining May's point challenge?
  • HLaR79
    Options
    It seems we have lost a few interested members.... Spring seems to always be a busy time of the year. I want to continue in May it helps me even when i feel blah and unmotivated.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    My scale and i are having a fight... Its been over a month since i gained a few lbs back and it wont come off... I knew i would have this struggle in my current situation but i didnt expect it to bug me so much.... Time to change things up a bit i think!!!!!
    I am not making very good eating choices and there is a lot more junk in my house then usual... I do the cooking and most of the shopping so i can control this more. I have also been cooking left overs so my company has food during the day... Ya then they dont eat it so i do.... Done with that as well...