Set em up and knock em down.

Options
2»

Replies

• KaraLaraLouLa
    KaraLaraLouLa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Short term goal completed! 30 Day shred all done in 31 days. 11 inches lost!!!
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thats amazing!!!! way to go!!!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My goal is to increase my mileage by 10% each week. The week before last I jogged 10 miles, last week 11, and this week 12. So far I have gone 6 miles this week so 12 looks totally in sight. I have a few aches and pains and my left knee wanted to give up during my run today, but I powered through. It is so much easier to plan meals and stay inside of calorie goals when you exercise. I don't even eat back all my exercise calories all the time, but I usually dip into them some. Yesterday was a rest day and I did not have extra cals to play with and I really felt the pinch, so next time instead of doing nothing I will at least walk so I have a couple hundred calories as a buffer. Meanwhile, I am preparing for a 5K in 6 more weeks. If I had to run it today it would take me a whole hour.....lol but I have 6 weeks to build endurance and speed. If I can finish within 45 min I will be elated.

Have a great day everyone!

-Christy
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    careful with that knee cb :) you're doing great! keep up the good work. you'll be kicking the 5k in no time!
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1 Month Goals
    *Get in an open-water swim at least 1 time. CRUSHED IT!!!
    *Work up to 60 Girly push-ups a day **NOPE**:ohwell: I am starting a booty blasting challenge today so I will change this goal!
    *Get down to 235. CRUSHED IT!!! down to 230.4!!
    *Be mentally prepared to get through the triathlon. I AM READY READY READY!!!!

New 1 Month Goals:
    *Get down to 220 by the end of September
    *Start training for the 1/2 Marathon with Team In Training!
    *Stay committed to the Booty Blasting Challenge for the whole 28 Days starting today 8/19!!
    *Complete my Triathon on 9/7
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING. Seriously you are inspirational. You got me back into the pool and I bought a doorway pull up bar. I'm going to be ready for the aerial class if it kills me. Keep it up we are all rooting for you!!!
  • KaraLaraLouLa
    Options
    September is here and my last goal is to be realised. I have been to the gym with the most gorgeous personal trainer (my husband!!) and have run through all the exercises for my first stage of lifting. My goodness I ache today, I start proper tomorrow so wish me luck!!

New goals
    Short Term - Finish stage 1 lifting regime (6 to 8 Weeks)
    Medium Term - Continue on the path of healthy eating
    Long term - Complete 6 month lifting regime

Its really all about the lifting at the mo !!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My goal is to increase my mileage by 10% each week. The week before last I jogged 10 miles, last week 11, and this week 12. So far I have gone 6 miles this week so 12 looks totally in sight. I have a few aches and pains and my left knee wanted to give up during my run today, but I powered through. It is so much easier to plan meals and stay inside of calorie goals when you exercise. I don't even eat back all my exercise calories all the time, but I usually dip into them some. Yesterday was a rest day and I did not have extra cals to play with and I really felt the pinch, so next time instead of doing nothing I will at least walk so I have a couple hundred calories as a buffer. Meanwhile, I am preparing for a 5K in 6 more weeks. If I had to run it today it would take me a whole hour.....lol but I have 6 weeks to build endurance and speed. If I can finish within 45 min I will be elated.

Have a great day everyone!

So, I have not been able to increase mileage like I want to because of work, but I am still running consistently. I ran 15 miles last week and 16 the week before that. I ran over 4 miles last Saturday. My 5K is this weekend so I am not running a lot this week, that 4 miler left me with a sore foot and I want to make sure that is healed before Saturday. I am so ready but not sure if I can finish in 45 min - I did run one 16 mile minute but I don't think I will be in under 45. However, it shouldn't be much more than 49 minutes and that gives me a place to build from.

In the last 30 days, I have lost 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my hips and 1 inch from my thigh. So happy about getting smaller and tighter.

:) Take care!

-Christy
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    that's fantastic christy :) you've stuck to running and if it's not a habit now, it will be soon! take care of that foot and good luck on your 5k!!! :)
  • KaraLaraLouLa
    Options
    Thought I would post a little progress report - All 3 goals achieved. I have now started lifting weights with my husband at the gym and its going well. Of course I couldn't walk, get in/out of the car, get into bed etc etc for the first few days, but now I really enjoy it and am loving the mental part of it too. Weight loss is still steady having lost 8lbs since the last weigh in and 29 in total. Hope everyone else is still doing well - I'm now going to think of three more goals!!! :)