Super fun and ez way to make your own yougurt!

Replies

• skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    I use any type of milk and my crockpot. The more fat the thicker it gets or you can also let it strain some of the whey away and it gets thicker.

I do in bulk, so I add one gallon of milk into the crockpot. Turn on low until milk reaches 180 degrees. Turn off the crockpot until it goes down to 110 degrees. Unplug.

Add one container of yogurt for a starter. (any kind, if you use one with flavor it will have a hint of it). I use Room Temperature Oikos plain. I put in two containers with the gallon, or one with 1/2 gallon. Incorporate into the milk in the crockpot. Don't stir a lot or with force. More like folding it in.

Cover the crockpot back up and wrap in towels. Let sit for 8-10 hours overnight is fine. You will get a thinner yogurt. You can strain to make thicker.

Put it in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. It thickens in the fridge also. Some people sweeten it. They use up to a cup of their sweetener with one gallon. I just add honey with mine and fresh fruit. You can freeze it.