Keto Problems!!!! I need help!!!

Options
vidaliababy
vidaliababy Posts: 15 Member
Hi! I've been experimenting with keto for about 8 weeks now.
Before I get into my question let me give you guys a little background. I'm 5'7 and when I started keto I was 165.
When I first started keto my macros (according to a keto calculator) were
25 grams of carbs
98 grams of protein
129 grams of fat
This was based on how much I work out and because I want to loose weight.

After about week 5 I noticed I was actually gaining weight. I went from 152 to about 157 and I read online that intermittent fasting can help as well as cutting some fat.

I changed my macros to the following
20 grams of carbs (6%)
98 grams of protein (31%)
89 grams of fat (63%)

I try to eat this between 8am-1pm.
I'm still gaining weight, I'm not hungry at all and according to ketone strips im not in ketosis anymore..... do you guys have any advice for me?

Replies

• ndgirl1970
    ndgirl1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So are you going for more than 12 hours without eating? That is more than likely what is kicking you out of ketosis
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Try this calculator:
    https://ketogains.com/ketogains-calculator/

The ketogains group focuses on whole food. When you are trying to lose weight, fat is a lever to feel satisfied, not a goal. They also focus on more protein so that you don't lose muscle while dieting. You stay in ketosis if your carbs are under 25g

They have a great facebook group. Read the FAQ on their site. I have found it so informative. I never felt good about shoving a bunch of fatty foods in my body. Knowing that we can do low carb without fat bombs has been freeing for me :)

Also.. toss the strips. Once you are fat adapted your body should use up the ketones. If you are eating 25g of carbs you will be in ketosis