sugar addition summit next week

Options
cstehansen
cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
Personally, sugar is not much of an issue for me, but from discussions on here, I figured at least some would be interested in this:

http://sweetfreedomsummit.com/?idev_id=22&idev_username=hto

In some ways, I know I am the oddball who did back flips (in my mind since that would be physically impossible for me) when I found out this WOE was healthy. Outside of pizza, ice cream and popcorn, there really isn't any food I ever really liked that wasn't at least low carb if not keto. And now, after experimenting with ice cream and popcorn, I no longer have any desire for either and I have better pizza now than then given I always just looked at the crust as a means to get the good stuff into my mouth anyway.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    do you mean 'sugar addition' or sugar addiction'...? Both actually make sense, in a way, just clarifying....
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What pizza crust do you use? I've used fathead but sometimes it comes out really gooey and soft and I miss crispy crust. I've tried doing it really thin but then the toppings ruin it.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've done the cauliflower pizza crust, and I like it, but my oven is dead at the moment. I've decided that when I do eat pizza, it will be from the place in town that makes really good homemade pizza cooked in a giant kiln in the middle of the restaurant. I can eat that without it causing to much trouble with my BS and we only go there once in awhile. As far as sugar goes, I'm fine until I start eating it again. I'm back to waiting for a good reason, such as a really good homemade birthday cake. Sugar is not as much of an issue since I switched jobs. People don't bring it in as much here.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    What pizza crust do you use? I've used fathead but sometimes it comes out really gooey and soft and I miss crispy crust. I've tried doing it really thin but then the toppings ruin it.

I actually have 3. Fathead and cauliflower are both pretty good, but they are time intensive and messy to make. When I make them, I will make a batch of individual sized ones and freeze them in a ziploc using parchment paper in between.

What I have found lately is a pretty good LC tortilla at Sam's that is made from flax and some wheat fiber. I essentially make a cheese quesadilla with it to get it just a bit crispy (while also making it a cheese stuffed crust). Then I found a really good tomato pesto sauce at Aldi's that I use as the sauce before topping it.

I really mound toppings on my pizza so this is quite thick, but here is a pic of my first one using this method where my quesadilla was a single tortilla folded in half:

6brh1oc60c4j.jpg

• cstehansen
    Options
    do you mean 'sugar addition' or sugar addiction'...? Both actually make sense, in a way, just clarifying....

Yeah. I mess spell stuff allot butt relay on auto correct witch doesn't work if the misspelling is a reel word. :#
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

Yeah. I mess spell stuff allot butt relay on auto correct witch doesn't work if the misspelling is a reel word. :#

Spelunking can be an enema, all write.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I actually have 3. Fathead and cauliflower are both pretty good, but they are time intensive and messy to make. When I make them, I will make a batch of individual sized ones and freeze them in a ziploc using parchment paper in between.

What I have found lately is a pretty good LC tortilla at Sam's that is made from flax and some wheat fiber. I essentially make a cheese quesadilla with it to get it just a bit crispy (while also making it a cheese stuffed crust). Then I found a really good tomato pesto sauce at Aldi's that I use as the sauce before topping it.

I really mound toppings on my pizza so this is quite thick, but here is a pic of my first one using this method where my quesadilla was a single tortilla folded in half:

6brh1oc60c4j.jpg

@cstehansen - is this one at Sam's the Joseph's brand - or is there another brand I should peel my eyeballs for?

And while I am at it, can you explain this pesto thing to me? I'm a person who doesn't mix sweet and savory much AT ALL. And nearly EVERY FRIGGING PESTO I HAVE EVER TRIED is sweet. It's disgusting. I get the green pesto from Aldi's for my guy, but I hate sundried tomatoes with a damned passion - and I thought the red one had SDT??? Please clear this up for me. And why is it always sweet?!?! *cries in frustration*
  • cstehansen
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

6brh1oc60c4j.jpg

@cstehansen - is this one at Sam's the Joseph's brand - or is there another brand I should peel my eyeballs for?

And while I am at it, can you explain this pesto thing to me? I'm a person who doesn't mix sweet and savory much AT ALL. And nearly EVERY FRIGGING PESTO I HAVE EVER TRIED is sweet. It's disgusting. I get the green pesto from Aldi's for my guy, but I hate sundried tomatoes with a damned passion - and I thought the red one had SDT??? Please clear this up for me. And why is it always sweet?!?! *cries in frustration*

Can't recall the brand. Joseph's doesn't sound familiar, but I will take a look and report back - maybe with a pic.

As for the pesto, it is a very small jar right there with the regular green pesto. I don't think it is sweet, but I also go very light on the sauce. I use just enough to make sure the "crust" doesn't completely dry out. I think I have more at home, so maybe I can take a pic of it also.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know exactly which one you're talking about. Because when I buy the green pesto, in the same display is the red pesto. I just hate the "sweet" of the pesto in general, but I guess most other red sauce/tomatoes for pizza is sweetish, too. Might try it next time to cut down on the carbs, too. I generally barely "dot" the crust. I put cheese down first, then dot it with sauce, so it doesn't sog up the crust.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Spelunking can be an enema, all write. [/quote]

You kill me @RalfLott!! :D
  • RalfLott
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »

Spelunking can be an enema, all write.

You kill me @RalfLott!! :D

No, the crud it go stew @AlexandraCarlyle foreign venting "butt relay."

Butt tanks!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    :D:D

that whizz ent me, that whizz @cstehansen or 'see yes tee-hee hand sin'...!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    :D:D

that whizz ent me, that whizz @cstehansen or 'see yes tee-hee hand sin'...!

Oak rap. :(
  • cstehansen
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss these are the tortillas.
    olonb9j8tp2e.jpg

I generally try to eat real foods, so these are the exception not the rule. That said, the fiber is not the generic "cellulose" listed on many others where you don't know if it is saw dust.