Car Accident

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
I was in a car accident yesterday. All I want to do is eat comfort food crap... but I'm not hungry at all. Dang stress! Dang brain making me emotionally crave junk!

Kids are ok. I have back pain. Car is likely totaled due to frame damage.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    glad the kids are ok...hope your back gets better soon...stuff can be replaced, people not so much...
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Exactly. Thankfully, the people in the other two cars are ok as well. They have some cuts and broken bones but otherwise ok. Everyone walked away. A keep rear ended the car behind me, while I was taking a left. I'm very lucky that I was not pushed into oncoming traffic!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    One of life's wicked stressful events for sure. Glad to hear everyone is ok. Take it easy on yourself, you have just been through a traumatic event. Sometimes taking the weekend to just go to the beach or sit outside and listen to the birds chirp feels good. Resting and just be thankful for what you do have helps with the stress levels. Things will get back to normal soon. Maybe don't push too much with exercise, until your back pain auto-corrects. There are guardian angels looking over you. :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of the accident. :( I'm glad everyone is ok!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Exactly. Thankfully, the people in the other two cars are ok as well. They have some cuts and broken bones but otherwise ok. Everyone walked away. A keep rear ended the car behind me, while I was taking a left. I'm very lucky that I was not pushed into oncoming traffic!

I'm not trying to be the bearer of 'bad tidings' but be alert in changes in yourself in the next few days; mood swings, emotional moments, aches and pains you weren't expecting... sometimes shock - and/or adrenaline - stop you feeling the 'real' after-effects of such an incident.
    Be kind with yourself, give yourself time and space, as, when and if you can, to completely de-stress about this.
    I wish you well.

Take care, in whichever way you wish, or see fit.

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Glad you are ok! Feel better soon..and yes, darn the additional stress. Not suggesting you do, but IF you go off the rails, stick to LCHF-wise choices.
  • gracerichter3213
    gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So glad you're ok. Crack open some Halo Top and have at it ❤ so sorry about your car.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel ok tomorrow. As said above, those jolts/aches usually take a day or so to surface.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :( Oh no. (hugs) I'm glad that you all are mostly okay.

The advice from the others is very good. Keep an eye on yourself and the kids over the next few days. I hope everything stays fine.
  • EryOaker
    Options
    I was feeling some pain yesterday so I got us all checked out. No broken bones or any serious injuries. I have muscle strains and basically whip lash. I had some berries with my Keto brownie fat bomb last night and some wine. I'm pretty sure I went over my carbs but I don't care. I ate it in a bubble bath and just enjoyed the moment.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! *round of applause!*
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

Stressful and scary situations like that are so exhausting. I'm impressed that you are dealing with it in a healthy way! ;)