Daily meal routine

Jdkbs
Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
Hello,

Anyone interested in sharing their daily meal routine?

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    I'm pretty boring. MCT or coconut oil powder with coffee for breakfast 95% of the time. Occasionally will have an egg or two, but rare.

3-4 times a month I will prep all my weekday lunches by putting meat in the crockpot on Sunday and cooking it all day with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasoning seems to grab my fancy that day (i.e. Tony Chacheres, basil, cumin, curry, etc.) and then throw in some sliced zucchini and fresh jalapeños for the last hour or so. My two favorite meats for this are beef roast or pork shoulder.

This week, I am primarily doing eggs at lunch. I have a little plastic thing that makes omelets in the microwave, so it is convenient and a good thing to mix it up.

Most days I also bring some celery with something to spread on it with my lunch. Lately, it has been pimento cheese (need to be careful here as these vary significantly in carb content). Other options are marscapone cheese, cream cheese (although this has more carbs than I typically do) and this stuff my wife found called Man Dip.

Dinner is frequently a simple salad - greens (spinach is the most common) with blue cheese crumbles, egg, whatever meat I have available to throw on (favorite is salmon), and the fattiest dressing I have without any veg oil. I just ordered 4 different ones from Thrive made with avocado oil. I am looking forward to giving them a try. I really like blue cheese dressing, but it is hard to find a commercial one that doesn't use either soybean oil, safflower oil or the generic "vegetable oil." Mixed this up last night by making taco salad because Sprouts had 100% grass fed ground beef on sale over the weekend. I do NOT use pre-packaged seasoning for this since they are filled with a bunch of nasty extras to add bulk.

Another staple dinner is egg scramble - fry up bacon or sausage, add butter, saute in some spinach and jalapeño. Then add in eggs mixed with HWC. Finally melt in some cheese. I really like this because it is fast, easy and tastes awesome.

I rarely have snacks anymore. I'm just not hungry between meals. If I do, it is usually because I didn't pack up enough for lunch. I keep a couple kinds of nuts like Brazil nuts and walnuts in my office as well as sardines and pork rinds.

General eating window is 11:30am to 6:30pm, not for any reason other than convenience. I am not always hungry by 11:30, but will eat then just so I can have dinner with my family, although occasionally, I will just skip lunch altogether which freaks my wife out. I recently got her to give up grains which probably cut her carbs in half, so I think she is starting to see how cutting out the carbage reduces the feeling of being constantly hungry.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    My routine is very, well, routine hehe. And boring.

First thing in the morning I have a coffee with heavy cream and artificial sweetener. Then once my eyes are open and my brain's awake, I do an hour or so of cardio.

Around 10 or 11am I have my 'first meal' which is almost always a spicey pork & vegetable stir-fry.

Around 3 or pm I have my 'second meal' which for the first half of the week is pork roast with spinach & kale, and some gravy or bbq sauce. The rest of the week it varies a bit, maybe steak & salad, or meat and cheese, something like that.

If I'm hungry outside of those two meals, I will have a snack of pistachio nuts, or some salami, or black olives. Now and then I have a bit of low-carb dark chocolate.

Oh and lately I have been doing a bit of fasting on Saturdays.

That's it.

p.s. my food diary is public if you want to have a look through it.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Mine is very simple!
    Breakfast- eggs
    Lunch- meat
    Supper- meat

>:) or o:)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    Breakfast - coffee with HWC
    Lunch - eggs with spinach/broccoli/etc and some meat (usually ground meat or sausage)
    Supper - meat and veggies

Sundays are the only day that I usually eat food for breakfast because that is a family get-together thing. Those days I will have eggs and sausage or bacon and sometimes grilled veggies with the eggs.

repeat as needed :D
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Depends on my schedule: When at home and working in the office:

Monday and Tuesday, black coffee and salted water till 11am as I generally fast. I'll break the fast with eggs and avocados in some form. Lunch around 1ish is usually ham, salami, cheese, avocado, cucumber in some combination. Snack is usually some time around 3pm and I'ts often my junk food chicharones :smirk: Dinner is with the family (depends on after school activities what time but pretty consistently before 7pm) but it's usually protein and veg.

If i'm not IFing I'll eat breakfast 9ish and spread out my meals a little more through the day but the content remains the same.

When I'm on the road Breakfast Is usually a breve latte from a coffee shop, Protein powder and jerky for lunch and then a massive dinner cause I"m usually quite hungry in my hotel or with customers. I rely a lot on half and half and protein powder when on the road and it's not ideal but it works.

@ccrdragon Saturdays and Sun days I make breakfast for the family and they're used to me sitting down with most of the bacon on my plate. lol
  • gracerichter3213
    gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
    B: coffee w/truvia & HWC, 2 pieces of bacon
    L: half an avocado, 2 ham and cream cheese roll ups
    Sometimes I'll have a snack between lunch and dinner and it's usually a BabyBell cheese or pork rinds
    D: chicken and hummus, or a spinach salad with avocado, tuna, and cheese
    If I've saved up my carbs, I'll have a half cup of Halo Top ice cream with a tbsp peanut butter and some whipped cream. Fabulous!
  • lnewsome
    lnewsome Posts: 19 Member
    Generally for Breakfast I have a shake adding a fruit and 4 servings of spinach
    For Lunch I usually eat some type of sandwhich on wheat with my green tea
    For dinner I usually cook some type of meat, usually chicken with a vegetable
    If i'm craving a snack in the evening, its usually another shake with more spinach in it, but not any fruit.

I'm more of a low carb dieter. I generally do plans like the 21 day fix. I'm allergic to nuts so there will be some things that you guys do that I can not.