Weekly mini goal challenge - 4/10

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals really work! They allow us to adjust focus while still aiming toward a broader long-term target. Setting small goals also provides opportunity to challenge ourselves and (maybe) create new habits.

A weekly mini goal can be scale or non-scale related. Done right, smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if we fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Last week: track 100%. I'm scoring it as a hit, though I'm a little reluctant because I know there were a few cheats and more than a few times when a better choice could have been made. But, by and large, I accounted for all those calories. ;-)

This week: I'm going with a scale goal for the first time. I aim to lose 1.5 to 2 lbs.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to weigh and measure everything and journal it here at MFP. My scale goal is to lose a pound.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options

What is your weekly mini goal this week?
    To try new exercise,signed up for Tai Chi.
    Exploring something NEW.

How did you do with last week's mini goal?
    Goal to reduce sodium intake. I lost .6 so I didn't blame sodium. Still avoiding PBsndcrackers
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to weigh and measure everything and journal it here at MFP. My scale goal is to lose a pound.

Cindy, have you been taken over by aliens?!? Weigh, measure, and journal/track! Now that's getting REALLY serious!

I'm staying with the same goal, stay on program, but have tweeked it a bit to limit WPs to 3 a day max. I was doing to much grazing after lunch, leaving me hungry at night and going into WPs too often. I did lose last week, 3rd week in a row, but would still like to work on the grazing habit. It can sabotage my efforts, and make eating healthy more difficult.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    @linmueller I think so! LOL
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,006 Member
    Options
    Lose 1lb.
  • glennowill
    glennowill Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Last week was to run 3 times that week and track every day. I missed on both accounts. Had a 10 and 12 hour day at work where I was walking around campus all day long and was a bit wiped out when I got home. At 300 lbs I'm also starting to wonder if running is the best activity at this time. Maybe once I hit 250 I can fire that up again. I also stopped tracking on Fri/Sat/Sun.... so...

This week is to track everything for rest of the week and do some form of concentrated exercise (cardio) at least 4 days of the week. I rode my bike last night so I'm 1/4 of the way there.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My goal was to stay under my calorie target 5 of 7 days and not rely on cardio calories burned. I only hit 2 and one close call. But thankfully my cardio was adequate and the scale kept cooperating.

I would like to keep the same goal 5 of 7 days on target. Just the focus alone is helping