Weekly Post 09.04. - 14.04.17

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Been a bit absent...birthday party was wonderful and I am grateful for all of my awesome friends. Still I had a bit of an emotional crisis this weekend and am still recuperating from it. I will be getting some help to work on the issue, but the sitting won't be until the beginning of May. I'm a weeble wobble and always get up quickly. But when the sadness hits, it hits hard and I have to let it out.

Aside from crying all of Saturday even while sitting on my care horse, I did enjoy my run on Sunday and came home with 1kg of fresh asparagus from the farmer nearby, which was today's fast day dinner....YUM. I also went SUPing with two paddle buddies on the Rhine yesterday and was thankful for it all.

oy26x1ottgfo.jpg
94xliucvpaqt.jpg

So if I'm a bit quiet atm, it's just something I need to work through. Old issues I thought I had solved....dammit!! Sorry :o Back to the drawing board and round 723 or so....

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Flumi.... sending hugs :*

• flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks sweety. Feeling a bit better this morning :*
  • makinica
    makinica Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies, I'm back! Today is my FD, and T&T will be my FDs each week. Excited to "hang out" and push through together.

Flumi, I'm sending you positive vibes. Hopefully you're all better soon <3
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Love those pics Flumi! Sorry you are dealing with some emotional issues. :( Sending hugs...

Hi Makinica! Looking forward to hanging with you too. :)

I had my light day yesterday and it went really well. Was hoping to see a loss this AM, but I am the same. All good. Better than a gain! I am sure as the week goes on and my body catches up I may see a lower number. Funny thing is my guy was also the same weight this morning. And we pretty much eat the same thing as each other all week and weekend. LOL

Our weekend was not bad at all food wise. Just a beer each on Saturday night and a nice dinner out of Indian. Yummy... :# For a while there, weekends had gotten pretty ugly sigh...

Feeling pretty good on this WOE. Work pants yesterday are still feeling good and much more comfy. Spring has finally sprung here on the east coast of the USA. Ugh it was pretty rough for a while with a lot of rain, rain, and more rain and cooler weather.

Hope everybody is doing well! Off to fill up my green tea again! Chat soon. :)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is my second day fasting my plan is Tues/Thursdays under 600 calories. Right now Im feeling hungry, but it's manageable.

Meghan I'm east coast too- I'm in Atlanta and it's getting hot this week! I'm working from home today and currently sitting on the porch enjoying the weather.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Gorgeous day here on the west coast, sunny but still crisp! Taking a 4K walk soon on our *kitten*! Yesterday I had a successful fd with me listening to fasting podcasts while doing housework! I got a ton done!! If you haven't found podcasts on your phone yet, check them out! The health ones are awesome and motivating too which really helped me yesterday in finding the willpower to continue since I've been at this for a year and a half !!....(soon as I went in maintenance all hell broke loose)

Anyhoo.... off for my walk! Have a great day people!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Hope you all are having a good start to your week! Though it is already Wednesday and I am off Friday. WOO HOO!
    Everything is going well here. I have to say I am feeling pretty good on this WOE. My guy is too. :)

Cindy, I am in CT! Yesterday was gorgeous here. Went for a nice walk after work which is nice. Burning those calories! Hope your fast went well!

Mama, thanks for the idea about podcats! I will see what I can find! Agree on how they can help with willpower!

My thing is recipes. I find they help me stick to a plan. If I find I have stuff I can make that won't make me feel like I am on a "diet" I am more successful. So I am always scavenging for low calorie recipes. That works for me. In my bookcase at home I had a 200 Calorie Meal Cookbook! Who knew?! LOL All in all, I have found some lovely things to make for light meals. I am also lucky that my guy is not picky and will eat everything. LOL
  • flumi_f
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Feeling much better...
    had a swim at 7am with my swim club friends (indoor pool ;-)
    ). Worked a half day with my fav colleague..only have one, but she's the best!
    And after a bit of grocery shopping I went paddling on the Rhine. Beautiful...peaceful...serene and I used leg, core and arm muscles for almost two hours. Fresh asparagus from my local farmer for dinner. A winning day in my book.

rrdoatjbd4w8.jpg
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I've never uploaded photos but I thought of you Flumi when a horse trotted past me on my walk yesterday on the "d y k e" (If I don't spell it spread out MFP replaces it with the word kitten!). So I really hope this works! I do like your paddle boarding ideas!

I've been having pretty low days but am consuming to many easter eggs ! :#

Meghan I love recipes too! Someone on here got me interested in Pinterest too ... which can really waste the day away, but fun and good for narrowing down categories , like... 300 cal dinners etc

Cindy good luck and welcome, each week is a new beginning , cheers!

f8lpw6ll1zm6.jpg
    0henes8fbbv4.jpg
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ya !! It worked! o:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hey all!
    Too funny about having to spell out that word! LOLOL Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!
    Glad you are feeling better Flumi! Hugs!
    Mama, I recall you saying you are West and I am not so versed in those parts but are you near Lake Tahoe at all? Those mountains remind me of where my maternal Aunt lives - Carson City, NV. I have only been there once and it was beautiful. <3 Enjoy! I will have to post some pics for you guys of Coastal Connecticut. It is a bit rocky here but we have some nice coastline and BF and I are beach bums all summer. LOL
    YES, I am a huge Pinterest geek. So many great things on there.
    Today is a light day for me. Going to hop on the scale tomorrow.
    Hope everybody has a great day. I will try and check in later and again tomorrow. Tomorrow I am off so I may forget! :o LOL
    Chat soon!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Beautiful pics! Where is that?

Yes I love paddle boarding. Water always cleanses me and feels like vacation, even if I'm only there for a few hours. I forget that sometimes...

Went clothes shopping with / for mom. We had fun and found some nice summer outfits for the both of us.... had a nice talk with her and I am getting to the root of my emotional dilemma, which is a good thing. Might be able to go to a family constellation seminar in about a week. That normally helps a lot.

Family day tomorrow. That'll be nice.

Enjoy your Easter!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Yes! Being outdoors is therapeutic and always good for the soul! I'm about a half hour south of Vancouver BC! West coast mountains are covered in snow and the tide was out! Sometimes in the summer, horses and their riders from a nearby farm will be galloping along the sandbars.... quite a sight! Glad you're feeling better Flumi! <3 We need you each week!

I'm trying to prolong my eating in the morning or lunch for as long as I can this past week. Then I use the intermittent fasting log to first record hour many hours I've gone before I log my food. I'm pretty good at waiting until 1:30 or 2:30... just trying to switch things up a bit here to break out of some habits of not logging anything! Today I just had some fruit and feel ready for my walk. I will try to have just a bit of chicken, veg and spaghetti squash & fresh tomato sauce for dinner... but my intentions may be the thing to get squashed instead ;)

Who's making a turkey this weekend? My hand is up!

Also, I tend to post here on the weekly thread just to keep it simple. I will sometimes post everyday or sometimes not, so sorry if I'm missing other similar threads... I like simple :p
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Today's fast is going to happen, but I am pretty sure it is only going to be because I go to bed early! I hope your fasts are easy! *me, beating off a giant donut and zombie-pizza*
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures, looks like a nice place to go for vacation!