Question re: carbs and fried chicken

Options
pitbullmamaliz
pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
I did not make it to the grocery today and need something to grab from fast food to take with me to work tonight. Chipotle is an option, and will probably be what I end up doing, but I'm curious about something. If I went to Popeye's and got some fried chicken, but removed the skin, would the carbs from the frying batter transfer to the skin? This seems like a really absurd question now that I'm typing it out. But hey, I'm all about absurdity. So would there be carbs, or would it be just like eating skinless chicken?

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    if you were celiac I wouldn't recommend it, but for low carb purposes it should be ok.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I take the skin of the McDonalds Chicken nuggets, and there is actually a MFP entry for this that I use lol
    I use it in a pinch, but don't make a habit of it.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    Options
    Excellent! Not celiac. And definitely wouldn't make a habit. This is the first time in a month that I've lapsed on groceries and preparing food, which is pretty amazing for me. I'll still probably go Chipotle but it's good to know that fried chicken minus skin is an option in a pinch. Thank you both so much!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Occasionally our cafeteria has shrimp salad and the shrimp is breaded. I usually remove the breading and haven't noticed any sugar spikes after eating. I think removing the breading would work.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    fried chicken thighs are excellent for Keto
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    82wmi0zg5lmo.jpg

Popeye's blackened chicken has good keto #s
    team it up with green beans & ditch the biscuit,
    you'll have a great meal. :)

>:) or o:)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    82wmi0zg5lmo.jpg

Thanks. I had not seen these before. Popeyes is a place I do kind of miss since going keto. The one close to my office closed for renovations shortly after I changed over last fall and is about to re-open. I will have to check these out. Maybe I can get some butter to slather on them.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    82wmi0zg5lmo.jpg

Thanks for this! We've just gotten a Popeye's but haven't been yet because of the crowds. This gives me an idea of what to order.
  • PollanDP
    PollanDP Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do ALL Popeyes have the blackened chicken? I have never seen it on the menu. Will have to ask this week-end. That would be awesome!!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    Options
    I've never seen that on the menu, either! I'll have to look! Is it spicy though? I'm a total wuss when it comes to spice.