Hello my fellow low carbers

Options
cazbit
cazbit Posts: 122 Member
Just got accepted to join the group and wanted to say hello!!

I am on the Atkins. Have done Atkins a couple of times in my life with fantastic results but this time I really want to make low carb a lifestyle and get the balance right so the weight I've lost doesn't find me again.

Excited to be amongst like minded folk

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here as well. I've also done Atkins with excellent results every time.
    Glad you are here.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Pull up a seat by the fire and pass the pork rinds!!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »

I am on the Atkins. Have done Atkins a couple of times in my life with fantastic results but this time I really want to make low carb a lifestyle and get the balance right so the weight I've lost doesn't find me again.

Which generation of Atkins are you on - got a specific book or plan?
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was also just welcomed to the group!! So glad to have others who I can discuss this with. There is no one IRL that gets it, even when they see how successful it's been for me. "What? You eat high fat? How's your cholesterol? Your going to have a heart attack!"
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Welcome! I was also just welcomed to the group!! So glad to have others who I can discuss this with. There is no one IRL that gets it, even when they see how successful it's been for me.

"What? You eat high fat?
    How's your cholesterol?
    Your going to have a heart attack!"
    +
    "I still need to reduce my saturated fat and sodium."
    "CICO"
    "Honey is natural"
    "Have you tried just eating a banana and a 'protein' shake for lunch?"

And my favorite - the slack-jawed Gaze of Disbelief when I order something at a Chinese joint with no sauce then coat it in organic tamari (from my restaurant survival kit™).

Bon appetit!

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love OG Atkins which I consider the more natural foods stuff than all the new pre packaged stuff but if that's your thang, I dont hate! One amazing thing about this group is the great atmosphere of "it's ok to disagree"...GASP!...I KNOW! is that even possible? And we still like, respect and learn from each other! People here range from low carb vegetarians to zero carb carnivores, from 150 grams a day Paleo to <20 grams Keto, and it's good! We are family! And only a bit dysfunctional haha! So once again welcome!
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    cazbit wrote: »

Which generation of Atkins are you on - got a specific book or plan?

Hello all. What a lovely friendly welcome!

I am doing new generation Atkins 20. I am eating more venetables and salad than I did before.

My father was lecturing me about the dangers of leading an Atkins lifestyle and how it was so unhealthy whilst he sat there tucking into his fifth biscuit. I just smiled! I am feeling better, sleeping better, look better and have more energy than I have in years. I love this way of eating.

Mushroom and spinach omelette for breakfast today. Yum yum!