Not a great day

Options
So I went over my carbs & protein today by 4g each. :( I also still have 14g of fat to eat. What should I eat? I feel like crap today too. I'm very bloated and I just feel unmotivated. Bleh.

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ok 4 g really isn't the end of the world carb wise. Protein is ok to be over a little. For fat, maybe something with coconut oil?
  • gracerichter3213
    gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am hungry, so hubby is making me 2 scrambled eggs in ghee
  • gracerichter3213
    Options
    Fat is also a range based on your goal of weight loss, maintenance or gain.
    Here's a good graphic that may help.
    y3a8plwku30m.png
    So I also need to be conscientious of added fat? Like saturated fat? I'm dizzy. I feel like I'm not smart enough to do Keto lol :s
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    So I also need to be conscientious of added fat? Like saturated fat? I'm dizzy. I feel like I'm not smart enough to do Keto lol :s

If you are following a Ketogenic or Low Carb High Fat way of eating (WOE), then yes, you need to be conscientious of added fat only in that you want to be incorporating sources of healthy fats into all of your meals. Any kind of meat, eggs, cheese, coconut oil, olive oil, nuts and seeds are all great sources of healthy fat. The only kinds of fat you shoul avoid are Trans fat ("bad" fat) and vegetables oils like corn oil, palm seed oil, etc. Here's a handy chart for you where that is concerned:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sYCZa40-P3M/Tz1K2BjMt4I/AAAAAAAATCU/evvg0o6v_f8/s1600/Cooking-Oil-Comparison-Chart.png

I can't tell from your previous comment if you are feeling dizzy or not. If you are really physically experiencing dizziness, your electrolytes are likely out of balance and you need to up your salt intake immediately. Most people who follow LCHF find that their bodies REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 3000MG - 5000MG of sodium EVERY DAY! Eat some dill pickles or drink the pickle juice. A simple and easy way to help yourself get enough salt on a daily basis is to dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink 2 bouillon cubes every day.

You are smart enough to do Keto. Don't beat yourself up for not being omniscient! You are new to LCHF and there is often a steep learning curve involved. Like the rest of us here in this group, you will learn by doing, just like we did.
  • gracerichter3213
    Options
    Haha no not actually dizzy, just like, wow! That's a lot of information!

Thanks for the info!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Haha no not actually dizzy, just like, wow! That's a lot of information!

Thanks for the info!

It sounds like you've made a great start.
    Good choice on going ahead with the eggs.
    You'll get it. Hang out and ask questions as needed.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I refuse to every get down on eating a little bit over a goal once in a while. That won't hurt you one bit! Just go for it the next day!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    So I went over my carbs & protein today by 4g each. :( I also still have 14g of fat to eat. What should I eat? I feel like crap today too. I'm very bloated and I just feel unmotivated. Bleh.

What's your protein goal?

FYI, 4g is within the margin of error for a great many food labels.... So don't sweat it! ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I try to hit my protein +- 20g, and calories +-200

I don't think I could hit them exactly every time, but I can get close, which is good enough for me.
  • RalfLott
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I try to hit my protein +- 20g, and calories +-200

I don't think I could hit them exactly every time, but I can get close, which is good enough for me.

Yep. When I learned how inaccurate food labels are and thought about how rough my portion estimates can be, it got pretty easy not to sweat it.

Still, if I hit 200 cal over my limit for the day, I go into lockdown mode and stop eating - gives me a few extra IF hours if I reach my cutoff point early in the day,
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Fat is also a range based on your goal of weight loss, maintenance or gain.
    Here's a good graphic that may help.
    y3a8plwku30m.png

When thinking about fat, don't think as much about saturated but rather natural. Fat from real food is good. Processed vegetable oils and seed oils are bad. If you see a fat and wonder how they got fat/oil from that food (i.e. corn, soybean, safflower, etc.), avoid it. On the other hand, animal products, avocado, olive, etc. are all very natural and beneficial and don't require extensive processing to get the oil/fat. They are good for you.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    On the other hand, animal products, avocado, olive, etc. are all very natural and beneficial and don't require extensive processing to get the oil/fat. They are good for you.

Hmm. I'll bet you could find some substances with 5+ syllable names in Hormel bacon and some dairy, eggs, and olive oils...