keto conference

Options
i came across a keto conference that occurs the weekend of sept. 1st in austin,tx. there are a lot of speakers attending, but since i'm still a noob i think carrie brown is the only name i recognized. there a lot of talks that look interesting, and it looks like it only costs $150.

i was wondering if y'all think it looks worthwhile. i have issues posting from the app; the site is ketocon dot org.

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Wow - quite a pile of speakers:
    https://www.ketocon.org/look-whos-talkin/
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Woooo, that looks pretty good. Lots of great speakers I recognize. Too bad it's in Sept. Busiest time of the year for hubby & self at work. And extra airmiles because it's still travel high season :/
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    "only" $150.00...? Don't know if we have such a thing here in the UK... but 'only' still sounds a bit high to me....
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That is the one the Ketovangelist podcaster Brian Williamson and Jimmy Moore are putting together. It should be good quality speakers. I can only hope to watch the later videos from here in Japan ;) but I would love to attend. Someday maybe. https://www.ketocon.org/

There is also the 2 Keto Dudes Ketofest being planned for July in New London, Connecticut, if enough people sign up for the kickstarter. It is more of a foodfest/convention than a conference. http://2ketodudes.com/show.aspx?episode=62 Looks like a blast! It would be great to hang out with people who don't look askance at every bit of fat I put in my mouth....
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    i'm really close to talking myself into attending. i live less than 20 miles from the events center.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    i'm really close to talking myself into attending. i live less than 20 miles from the events center.

Party!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Fun. I think if I had the funds to splurge and lived near by, I would definitely go.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    If it wasn't during our busy time, I'd go! Even though I live 3700 km away.
  • canadjineh
    edited April 2017
    Options
    On a related note.... Chris Masterjohn PhD has a new series of classes/podcasts coming out starting Apr 17/17.
    quote from my inbox:
    "Masterclass With Masterjohn is back and better than ever.

Seriously. If you liked the antioxidant class, you'll love the energy metabolism class. If you loved the energy metabolism class, you'll need some deep breaths, 20 minutes of meditation, and a glass of wine to take the edge off your excitement.

This class is all about energy metabolism: how we break down food for energy, how we store energy, and how we use energy to support our health. It gets deep into the biochemistry, but frequently comes back to the big picture to make it all coherent and puts strong emphasis on the relevance of the material to health and disease, to nutrition and medicine.

I made this for three types of people:

You love to read about health and wellness, but don't have the background to understand the science. This gives you the background.
    You are taking biochemistry, need to take it, or need to review it, and you want something more lively, relevant, and fun than what you'd get in a typical class or slogging through a textbook.
    You have a great science background but want novel ideas and perspectives about what you've already learned.
    Since meeting the needs of people with disparate backgrounds means giving a mix of basic foundation and advanced concepts, I've worked really hard to make it as easy as possible to find what you're looking for. In fact, I've designed an entire infrastructure around making the content immensely more usable: MWM Pro.

This series, just like the antioxidant series, will be free. The lessons will broadcast twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Monday, April 17. MWM Pro takes you beyond the free lessons in five important ways. (I didn't include the description of premium features which need to be paid for, but the info is all in his link below anyhow)

While the premium features are reserved for MWM pro members, MWM itself, the videos, will always be free. Just sit back and relax, and they'll start coming out on Monday. You can still help promote MWM by sharing the free videos on YouTube and Facebook.

So, here it is:

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/pro

You can use this link to sign up, or to read more about it, watch a short video, and read through the FAQ. If, after that, you still have questions, feel free to shoot me an email."