I had a whoosh!

Options
hmikkola92
hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
I know you guys have probably seen me bitching on here the last few weeks. But I finally lost some weight on the scale! 4lbs. My mom insisted I try chia seeds and idk if that's what did it, but something happened at least. Thanks for all your advice and support everyone. I'm at 255 now, down 20lbs from March 4th. I like to count my weight at the end of pregnancy in my head :p so technically I'm down 35lbs haha.
Keep calm and keto on! So glad I didn't cheat (myself).

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 20lbs in just over a month is quite a number! 35lbs sounds crazy. LOL ;)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds! How in heaven's name did I forget how great they are - ?!
    I MUST incorporate them into my regime, thanks so much for the reminder, @hmikkola92 - !
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    Chia seeds! How in heaven's name did I forget how great they are - ?!
    I MUST incorporate them into my regime, thanks so much for the reminder, @hmikkola92 - !

Glad to be of service :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    So glad I didn't cheat (myself).

That right there ^^^ is something to mark, star and remember. I'm happy for your whoosh! Yay!!

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the prize.
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have a serious impatience issue, a huge character flaw I'm trying to work on :)
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on week 3 and stuck too I needed to see that to keep on.
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    sem41278 wrote: »

It really helps to see what happens with other people! I was hoping this would be encouraging to someone :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Hmm. I don't think it's possible to get stuck in only 3 weeks! 3 months, maybe....

• PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I know you guys have probably seen me bitching on here the last few weeks. But I finally lost some weight on the scale! 4lbs. My mom insisted I try chia seeds and idk if that's what did it, but something happened at least. Thanks for all your advice and support everyone. I'm at 255 now, down 20lbs from March 4th. I like to count my weight at the end of pregnancy in my head :p so technically I'm down 35lbs haha.

Good for you!! You are doing amazing! What do you do with chia seeds? I have some but don't know what to do with them beyond smoothies.(that I no longer make, do to HC count.)
  • hmikkola92
    Options

Good for you!! You are doing amazing! What do you do with chia seeds? I have some but don't know what to do with them beyond smoothies.(that I no longer make, do to HC count.)
    I am soooo lazy.. I just put some in water and drank them. :D

Thank you!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I often say I walk a fine line between lazy and efficient. I think your method could qualify as the latter.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

Thank you!

I often say I walk a fine line between lazy and efficient. I think your method could qualify as the latter.

LOL. That is so true and sort of relates back to another current thread regarding having individuals within the same family eating different ways. I eat a lot of cream cheese by the clump. It fits my personal macros of being both low carb and low protein (I choose to get my limited protein elsewhere). Because my husband still eats carbs and I am aware hc/hf may not be a healthy WOE, I rarely make delicious fatty meals for us to share. We eat as we always have except I've cut my carbs drastically and get my needed fat by eating a clump or 2 of cream cheese with our chosen meat and vegetable (he adds his potato).

And @hmikkola92 keep on chuggin' those Chia seeds and water if you like. I've never tried them but do recall another thread praising the glory of them for weight loss and/or creating a "flush" of a stopped up bowel. I too perceive your method as efficient!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!