NSV for the week

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
This week I've been away from the boards since my father in law passed away unexpectedly over the weekend. It was a terrible loss and it shook the whole community hard. We spent the week at my mother in laws house to mourn as a family.

My NSV is that while my intake was definitely higher than normal I did not binge and I fit in activity every day but the funeral. I figured there was no reason to feel physically sick on top of the mental anguish. Now we're back home and working to get back into the normal routine.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    Rachel sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and Prayers are with your Family.
  • TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Great NSV Rachel, especially under those circumstances! My condolences and prayers for you and all impacted....
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and hugs for how you handled it.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    ...I figured there was no reason to feel physically sick on top of the mental anguish.

Sorry for your loss @Rachel0778 , made especially tough by the fact that it was unexpected.

With respect to the NSV, I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. So many times during the years when my Mom's health was failing, I leaned on food for some kind of relief. In hindsight, I realize now it really didn't provide anything more than short-term satisfaction, then the long-term pain of living with the weight gain.

Good for you for being present and mindful, not straying too far, then getting right back on your plan. Well done; congratulations.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your family's loss. We are here as a group of friends for you even though we haven't met IRL.
    The common bonds we all share go beyond the diet, we all have to deal with the reality of our day to day lives.

Take Care,
    Jim
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking care of yourself. Sorry for your loss.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Well done for the NAV.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    NSV
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your unexpected loss. It sounds like you are LTL
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Rachel Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. Good for you being able to take control of a difficult situation.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and the family during this difficult time.

There are things in life that are more important than weight loss. A time like this is one of those things.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,918 Member
    Options
    My condolences.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Rachel!

Good for you for taking the time and energy to take care of yourself during such a difficult time.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss Rachael. My prayers are with you!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. It was a rough week and both me and my SO are looking forward to falling in to our regular routines this week so that we can work on healing.