Weekly Post - 16.4. - 22.4.

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well I'm a day late :o

Wasn't very active on mpg last week thus it slipped my mind yesterday. Sorry.

Went running with a friend's horse yesterday. It so much fun. First time with him and he was a 700kg angel! Tempo was perfect and he really reacted to my every move or change of pace and direction. Great to have a furry running partner!

I have this week off and this and that planned. Thus all bets off on fasting. Will be eating lots of asparagus and the chocolate bunnies are in the basement :p

Have a great week!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! I'm up late because I overindulged on everything! Huge dinner! Lots of wine and all things I don't need on my hips! Now I can't sleep! I'm having leftovers tomorrow so fd tues!?!!!?! I'll be walking lots tomorrow!!!! :s

Flumi ...good job keeping those bunnies where they belong!

Hope everyone had more willpower than I did!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    We went over to my BF's parent's house for Easter. We had a nice meal. His mom made fish, which was nice because healthy is good! LOL We had wine and some apple pie and ice cream for dessert. The wine gave me a headache, but I can be a light weight sometimes. :( Oh well. All in all it was a good meal and we had a nice time and aside from the wine and dessert everything was pretty healthy! I posted this in the other thread, but I am trying to lose about five pounds (if not more) before we head off on vacation the week of May 8th. ;)
    BF and I are grateful for this program. He said to me, thank you for getting me on track because if I didn't lose this weight none of my summer clothes or clothes for vacation would fit. UGH. I am grateful too because my work pants were getting tighter and tighter and who can afford to keep buying bigger clothing? Sigh... BF put on a pair of smaller jeans yesterday to wear to Easter. He is down about 18 pounds! Very happy for him.
    On Friday I had gotten on the scale after my second light day and I was down a little more. So I am very happy about that. This WOE has me losing around two pounds per week, or so. Which is super cool...
    Today is Monday so light day here. Water and green tea all day long. Greek Salad for lunch. A Chili Lime Chicken burger from Trader Joe's for dinner, with a heap of veggies on the side. The burgers check in at around 150 calories each, if anybody reading wants to try them. Will let you know how they turn out!
    Big news here is BF and I are getting back to the gym today. Going to go after work tonight and plan to going a few nights a week. VERY EXCITED about that. :D Been a while since we have gotten gym exercise. We have been walking outside, which is nice too, but silly to pay for gym memberships when we are both trying to lose weight. Duh!
    Chat soon!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi all! WOW...things have been busy around here!! Welcome to all the newcomers and hey to all the people who've been around a bit. I'm checking in after going dark for a while. Last week was Spring break so the family went to the coast and then San Francisco until Friday. We rehabbed a bit before launching into Easter brunch prep for yesterday. I didn't have a chance to fast at all on vacation and I managed to eat waaayyyy more than usual. I'm looking forward to reset this week with FD planned today and Thursday. I don't think I'll make my goal by my birthday in 2 weeks, but I'll let that go and just plug away. Things have been super stressful and I'm trying to get a handle on some anxiety that seems to come from nowhere. I'm still dancing, which totally helps, and exercising most days. But I'm thinking my body may be easing into periodic menopausal symptoms and maybe anxiety is apart of that. I've thought this before, but then things start to feel normal. I'm not sure, but I havent been meditating as regularly. I'm going to give that a go again just to ease things if possible. Either way, I'm pretty good at talking myself off the ledge, but lately my coping skills seem to be missing. I've got a few days to myself, so that should help me regroup as well.

Flumi, I hope you are having a better week. I think it is so interesting that after a long stretch of time of changed behavior, old habits rear their ugly head. I'm having the same thing happen too. I think what's changed, hopefully, is that we've added improved tools to our tool box. Having the wisdom to address whatever issues you are experiencing is one of them because you see it differently and for what it is rather than just spiraling. Best of luck to both of us as we try to tame those old habits. I'm going to add a baseball bat to beat the hell out of mine (lots of metaphors in this post...sorry).
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Sounds like last week was a bit rough. I got in two fasts, but the rest of the week was a little on the high side. Overall, though, I am down 3 lbs in a month. I think I got just the right amount of Easter candy, so not much left to tempt me. 5 more weeks of school. This should be... interesting... adventurous?... something like that. Good luck to all that are fasting today!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Thanks flossy and mama! Starting to get answers to some of my questions on the outside issues (guy problems). Clarity always helps even if it's not what I wanted to hear.... as far as the internal issues that surfaced through it all, I am seeing clearer there too. Programming a free spot in a full seminar on Sunday :p , which should help and had a good talk with my therapist and friend today. It hurts because the solution lies near! I'm sure of it.

A bit of an nsv through it all...food compensation isn't that big of an issue atm. Still eating pretty healthy and not more sweets than during a normal Easter. Keeping the bunnies in the basement does help :D
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love reading eceryones posts! Thanks for sharing.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ya Flossy & Kate are back! Sending positive vibes to everyone today!

I'm just glad that I had wisdom to choose tomorrow as a fd because I knew I'd be into a huge turkey sandwich today!!! So, ya me for thinking ahead! Today is still full on calories but no alcohol, chocolate or dessert either, that should help. Tomorrow broth, tea and squash on the menu!! Looking forward to that as I can barely move today... so tired!!

Kate, the scale is moving in the right direction!!! So good on ya! And I cannot believe the time! I remember when you had 5 weeks left of school last year!!

Also, Flossy, I know you watch your sodium, but now is the time to really watch it... label reading is education enough, but that darn sodium is to blame for all things ugly in perimenopause ! Trust me!! Ugh! I can look back in photos and see the puffiness in my face!!! Club soda is the devil's water!!! Don't go near that stuff!

Meghan, you & your bf sound like an awesome team!! Way to go on both your successes in this WOE. Support is huge and I'm a tad jealous of yours....
    my husband eats well, garden salad most nights before his meal and is not a candy or dessert person but he doesn't want to try anything with kale or quinoa in it.. or basically anything that sounds trendy.... and he also doesn't care about his sodium intake, so the jarred salsa he loves will never be replace by the fresh delicious one I make myself! :o

Well, off to take my dog out! Glad it's a new week!! Thanks Flumi, be good to yourself & if I come across another horse I'll get a close up shot for you! Off to find my big girl pants :s
  • 06cindy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey! I am so tired of this trend- this time last week scale read 133.5. Overall last week I had a great week and was 1,500 under calories for the week. Today my scale reads 137. I'm about 3 weeks away from my monthly cycle. Anyone else go through this? How do you stay motivated? Thanks!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hey all!
    Loving all the activity here lately too!
    Seeing 5:2 "veterans" come back to this plan shows us newer peeps that is a good plan and it works. Everybody has to do what works for them when they are ready, emotionally, physically, etc. Hope everybody is successful at their WOE. :)
    Yesterday's fast went really well. Happy to report that we went to the gym after work and that went really well! I hopped on the treadmill and did a nice 40 minute walk and then I did some ab crunches. BF hopped on the elliptical machine. Our goal for the gym is to get moving for 45 minutes or so, doing whatever it takes a couple days a week. Walking, elliptical, stair machine, bicycle, weights, etc, etc. Success! When we got home we had our chicken chili lime burgers and veggies and they were really tasty. Light day was good!
    Only issue for me was I hopped on the scale and I was UP! UGH. But, I am not going to stress. Who really knows. Might come off later in the week. Going to stay off the scale for a few days and see how it goes. BF was down a pound - happy for him!
    Cindy, I know what you mean... TOM is a pain in the rear - mine is due next week and the scale could be reacting to that for me. Or I could be retaining water because I started exercising and it's been a while. Or something I ate. I dunno. Head scratcher. Keep drinking your water and staying focused. Stay off the scale for a bit and see how it goes. Your body might be adjusting.
    Enjoy the rest of the day everybody. Chat soon. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Fasting today and in recovery mode from easter! Just having hot water at the moment and I'll try to hold off as long as possible (2ish) to have my first bit of nutrition... hard boiled egg! Then my "skinny minestrone soup" for dinner only 60 cals per cup and it's filling! I'll check in later.....

I agree with staying off the scale! I don't even own one. Measure your waist now and then again in one month, you'll know from your clothes in the meantime.... but the scale can really play with your head.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Agree that the darn scale can mess with your head! Trying not to let it mess with mine today!
    Drinking lots of water, water, water... :#
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words! Planning on taking measurements tomorrow, its been a couple of months so I'm hoping my efforts will show there even though the scale fluctuates between the same 5 pounds.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Yes! Great idea to do some measurements! If you are working out you are also building muscle don't forget. And muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle helps burn fat, so you are still ahead of the game there! Not sure if you have the type of scale that shows muscle %. Our's does and at the moment, my number is a little scary. LOL Working on that! ;)
    I didn't weigh today. Still waiting it out. Today I am pretty sore from the gym. I think I probably have some swollen muscles. Just don't want to push it and possibly see the gain and get frustrated.
    Going to drink lots of water again today and see if the scale has a nice number for me on Friday AM after tomorrow's light day. Hope everybody is good!
    Chat soon. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Yesterday's fd was a success! And I'll have another one tomorrow. Keeping busy was the key for me yesterday plus holding off later for my first feeding helped too. I've normally always had lunch between 11 - 2, but yesterday I didn't have anything until 4! I felt much more full after dinner at 6pm, so I'll try that trick again.
  • 06cindy
    Options
    I measured and my belly is 1.25 inches smaller than it was in January. Even though the scale shows no change, I know changes are happening. Slowly and surely....just exactly like gaining weight, but in reverse. :wink:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi everybody! Congrats on your fast day Mama! Sounds like yesterday went really well!
    I know what you mean about waiting. I am better off if I wait too. If I eat too early, I can get antsy around dinner time. Keeping busy is a life saver. Also have a cup of tea, some water, etc. helps.
    Today is a light day for me. I weighed in today and I am still up. Though not as much as earlier in the week. Not stressing. TOM is next week so I could be retaining water. I have not slipped up at all as far as eating goes. Have been at the gym every day this week since Monday. Just have to stay focused and hope that next week the extra weight (and hopfully a little more!) decides to leave.
    Drinking some water now and still enjoying the fact that my work pants are not miserable as they used to be. The pair I am wearing today used to give me one heck of a muffin top. Today - piece of cake! So even though the scale is not my friend, my pants are. :)
    BF and I are in love with this Greek Salad that we have been making for lunch on light days. So simple and a take from the 5:2 cookbook: romaine lettuce chopped, four or five kalamata olives chopped, light feta cheese, organic cherry tomatoes, organic persian cucumber, shredded carrots, and a light Greek dressing we found at our local grocery store that comes in at 50 calories a serving. Most of the ingredients are from our local Trader Joe's. The total calorie count comes in at around 220-250 if I can recall without looking at MFP. Fills us up nice. You could swap the carrots for chopped onion but we find carrots are friendlier on the breath for the remainder of the day. LOL
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Meghan509 (and anyone) what are y'all doing for workouts on fasting days? So far I've only gone on a walk. Anyone hitting the gym and lifting or doing high intensity on light days? Also, are you eating near the time your working out or waiting? Thanks!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi Cindy,
    Lately I have been walking on the treadmill at about 3.5 mph for 40-45 minutes at various inclines. I did it on Monday (fasting day) and pretty much similiar thing all week. Planning to do it tonight as well (also a fast day).
    On Monday I got that energetic feeling while working out, which was nice. Felt like I could keep going. Did not feel sluggish at all. BF said he felt the same way on the elipitcal. On the contrary Tuesday and Wednesday at the gym, while eating regularly (but still healthy) there were a few times when I was watching the countdown feeling like "am I done yet..."! LOL
    As far as eating on Monday, had my salad lunch around noonish then nothing until after the gym. A ton of water and green tea all day. Got to the gym around 6pm or so. Worked out and felt fine. Never felt light headed, weak, sick, faint, etc. After we got home we made dinner and ate around 7:30pm or so. We had dinner planned out so all we had to do was make veggies to go with our protein. Same thing planned for tonight.
    In the future I am planning to mix up my workout. I may do a little different mix of cardio and add some weights and stuff. I guess, see how it goes... This is my first week back at the gym after a few months away.
    Hope this helps!
  • 06cindy
    Options
    Thanks Meghan!! I'm hoping to add exercise to my light days.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I prefer to lift weights on an empty stomach! I also find that exercise slows down hunger so that's a bonus. If I'm finding I need a little something, perhaps a glass of almond milk or some dried fruit is all I need.

I'm trying for a fd today rather than yesterday since the son brought home 4 huge pizzas (wrong order made! Gotta love your son when he works at Pizza Hut.... actually wish he'd get himself a new job!)

Gorgeous sun out today, it'll be a great weekend here! Happy fasting! Have a great weekend peeps!