No cardio for a few weeks

Options
TravellerRay
TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
My regime of 4 workouts per week has hit a wall. I have strained my Hamstring and been told it is at least 2 weeks rest, probably more. I am already going stir crazy. I will focus more on being good with my food, but I still want to explore what exercise is possible. Push ups and sit ups should be fine. But I was wondering whether some pilates would be possible or would that be too much strain?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You should be able to find many pilates and yoga moves that do not involve the hamstring. Also, upper body weights with dumbells or bands should be ok. Possibly walking to whatever level your legs will tolerate.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You should be able to find many pilates and yoga moves that do not involve the hamstring. Also, upper body weights with dumbells or bands should be ok. Possibly walking to whatever level your legs will tolerate.

I was thinking walking too and likewise just focusing on upper body exercises as @tcunbeliever has already suggested.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Google Chair Exercises, too. Plenty of options for those with restrictions.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I pulled my groin a few weeks ago and am just now starting to pick up the pace a bit. For a while walking was only at a slow pace, but I did what I could.