Bodies Are Fascinating

Options
pitbullmamaliz
pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
This is not a rant or rave about the scale. In fact, it's kind of the exact opposite. I'm a daily weigher because I enjoy seeing my body's fluctuations, and for me, it gives me more useful long-term information. Well, I had surgery on Friday, just outpatient, but man they still pumped me full of fluids via my IV. So my weight was up a pound the next day. By the time Sunday rolled around, I was up 3 1/2 pounds. I didn't freak, because I knew my body was healing and recovering from a trauma. Yesterday my weight went down .4 lbs. Today it was down another .8 lbs. Calories and carbs have remained consistent, and I don't feel like I've been peeing out extra fluids. But my body is finding its way, on its own, and I still feel great.

Cheating would have been super easy - my mom was in town for a few days to help me out so we ate out more. I stayed on plan. Friends offered to bring over desserts. I stayed on plan. Not a single craving or urge to cheat. It's really quite amazing to me how easy I'm finding this way of eating. It just feels RIGHT for once in my life.

Anyway, I won't lie that I'm happy the scale is headed back down - I was only 8 pounds away from a MAJOR goal, so it was a little sad to see that temporarily slip further away. But the scale doesn't rule my life. And thanks to low carb, FOOD doesn't rule my life anymore, either.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Great, great post. Well done. Don't be sad or disappointed: You should be very, very proud of the fact that you see things as they really are. There is always a remedy, and you are ever ready to implement it because you know it makes sense, and you respect yourself.

You go girl!