Beginners Guide to Keto: by Erik_ss

Options
Erik_ss
Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
These tips are guidelines that helped me stay in keto (Ketosis) for 3 months, up until now. I am still new and have more to learn. I created a habit that is difficult to break at this point. I enjoy the benefits associated with Keto. This Keto journey has been a rollercoaster but I don't want to get off. This is phase 1 of the journey while experiencing keto. We can not go to phase 2 until we get phase 1 mastered.

1) Time.
Give yourself time. Time to build your Keto foundation. Most of us like the idea of Keto being a fast weight loss diet. Is it really a quick fix? Honestly, you won't last in the long haul. I've made mistakes along the way. I personally lost weight quickly then heard about cheat meals and gained it all back. That was a signal from my body to slow down cowboy and work through it and not fool myself. Your body is unique. It functions the same, yet differently than other people. The body needs time to recover from the previous diet that lead you to keto. Having no diet plans is actually a diet. We were not aware of what we were putting into our bodies. Give yourself an amount of time. 1 month should be the bare minimum. This is a strict lifestyle change from your previous diet. You will need to fine tune the transition based off of macros. Keto follows a 5% carb, 70-75% fat, and 20-25% protein ratio guide. Your body may not adapt as quickly than others. You might even go through bouts of the "Keto flu".

2) The Gym.
Our bodies were made to move for a reason. If the gym is not your scene, try outdoor excercising. If outdoor excercises is not your scene then home dvd workouts might be your option. If home Dvd workouts is not your ideal way of moving then hire a personal trainer.If hiring a personal trainer makes you feel uncomfortable then try to find happiness within yourself before you decide to move your body. This lifestyle change can work with or without exercising. If losing weight without excercising is ideal for you, monitor your macros under a microscope and make sure you're in a caloric deficit.
Expect the process to take time in terms of Keto being a catalyst for weight loss. Resistance training aids in fatloss from a sedentary state to an active state.

3)Accountability.
You owe it to yourself to be acountable for your personal health. Unless, you can not feed yourself due to limitations not under your control, be accountable. Hold your health as a priority. I don't want to spend money on unwanted doctor visits and you shouldn't either. Track, log, keep a pen and notebook around. Buy dry erase markers for your bathroom mirror. Record data. Have a starting point. Set measurable health goals. Give your self time. Adjust. Make changes. Life gets in the way. Make time for your health. Your body will thank you in the future. Stay accountable to your health. This journey takes 1 step at a time. Trust the process. This lifestyle change may not suit your health requirements. Seeking a certified practitioner in the health and wellness field might be your next step. Be accountable. Stick with the required guidelines they set forth. Be accountable.

4) Planning.
Plan to fail or failed to plan. You decide the course of action. The keto diet has specific food requirements. Planning your grocery list is essential to stay consistent. If money is a determining factor, find sales. Get to know your grocer. Some grocery store clerks can be super helpful with a little praise.;)
Plan your day ahead of time. Friends, family, gym, obligations, work, events, gatherings, social media, television, school, teachers, etc, take planning. Find what is important and plan accordingly. Stick to your timeline you set for the day. Your health is important. Make special arrangements if need be. Your health is important.

5) Stress management.
There are 4 types of stressors in life. The good, the bad, the physical, the psychological. Actually there are two types but you may relate to the good and the bad. Nevertheless. The point I am making is stress management. Good stress can stem from making progress that yield rewards.Being alert and aware, knowing what good stress is, can benefit you greatly.Bad stress can deteriorate your health. Thinking about something you can not change, not finding a solution to a long term problem can resort to health implications. Being calm and assertive is the stress we strive for. Do we all have our moments? Yes we do. Take time to put yourself in a calm and assertive state of mind. It will do wonders for you. Find support ears that want to listen to you and offer solutions. Ask for help before it is too late.
Find therapeutic stress relieving outlets. Being calm and assertive is what we are striving for. Can I share a story with you about Mr./Mrs. Cortisol? He/she/it is the public enemy number one to health problems. This hormone excretes at times that we are trying to make progress. Cortisol comprises of the endocrine system. We have to keep cortisol happy otherwise it will wreak havoc towards your health.

I can not reiterate the importantance of quality of life. I hope this sheds light towards your goals. Some times the gaps will have pitfalls that we can not get out of. Guess what? "We" can. Keto is not the end all be all lifestyle diet. It is the diet that works for me and the keto community followers. Take time to do your research. Subscribe to social media platforms. Be in "keto"sis. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• nsokoloski
    nsokoloski Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing.
  • Erik_ss
    Options
    nsokoloski wrote: »
    This is just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing.
    Check out "Cooking Keto with Kristie" on YouTube. She is an inspiration. Hope this helps.
  • K2Sakura
    K2Sakura Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Erik_ss wrote: »
    These tips are guidelines that helped me stay in keto (Ketosis) for 3 months, up until now.

Thanks Erik_ss for sharing this valuable info :smile:
  • Erik_ss
    Options
    My pleasure.
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options