Returning to LCHF

Options
Zenwenner
Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
Hello everyone! I haven't been around for a while, but I think you'll be seeing me more often. My life kind of got turned upside down, and it is still in turmoil, and I am completely out of control.

Long story short, I was unjustly fired from my job and had to go after my ex-employer legally just to get my final paycheque out of him. My new job is from home, but after a month and a half it is starting to become clear that it was not all it was made out to be. I also have an application in to the military, but I'm scared they will actually call me now that I am all out of shape and have gained 15 lbs back from stress-related eating and drinking too much. Ack!

Yep I'm a big ball of stress, and I can't seem to stop indulging when it comes to food and wine - cakes and pies and cheesecakes - oh my! I feel like I'm in a tidal wave that I can't get out of, or even claw my way to the surface so I can breathe for a moment.

In an attempt to regain some control, I decided to sign up for the 8 week "Still in it" challenge on bodybuilding.com which starts this weekend. Ack to that too! And today I decided to get my nutrition under control by getting back onto the LCHF wagon.

I missed you guys! Hope things are going well for each of you :)

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I believe in you. I'm still trying to get, no, I've gotten my act together finally. Day two! You can do it, too. Just like starting over, baby!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As you know the people here are great for support and sometimes just a good place to vent our frustrations. Life happens in ways we don't often plan for. The winners pick themselves up, dust off and move forward. Glad you're back in the game. Deep breath.... Remember to be good to yourself too and treat yourself with kindness. <3
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you've had to deal with so much! That is a lot of stress. I hope that you're able to smoothly venture back into the LCHF waters, and the BB.com challenge sounds like a great way to kick some butt back into the fitness world! I'm fairly new to this group, but I've discovered how amazing everyone is! We're all here to root you on!
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I completely get the emotional/stress eating. It always makes me feel like crap.. both because of what it does for my body but also a double whammy because of what 'giving in' to eating it does to me emotionally (disappointed in myself, frustrated, sad, etc). Still a work in progress, but I'm getting better and not giving up.
    Good luck and remember to forgive yourself.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I haven't been around for a while, but I think you'll be seeing me more often. My life kind of got turned upside down, and it is still in turmoil, and I am completely out of control.

Hi! Funny, I just yesterday saw some of your posts in some older threads. Welcome back!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I wrote on my profile in 2013 something like "I dieted for 10 years as I gained 60 pounds". I finally "got it" with that writing and YOU will too.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it! <3
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    oooo I was excited to join the challenge (and the prize money could come in handy!) but then i saw i had to include my face in pictures :/ Best of luck to you and welcome back