Help Me Clean Up My Diet!

Options
Chief_Rocka
Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
I need some help in my quest to eat clean. I'm going to post what I ate yesterday, please tell me what I could have removed to make it cleaner. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: chicken breast, broccoli, spinach, cherry tomatoes, mixed berries

Dinner: Oatmeal, cottage cheese, banana

Night Stack: Popcorn, 1 pint of Ben & Jerry's Banana Split flavored ice cream

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to? You only went over your calories by 10
  • thugstrife
    thugstrife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What kind of popcorn are you eating? If it is microwavable, then it's not "clean". Also, I would assume that the Ben and Jerry's isn't clean. You could try making your own variation of the ice creme by throwing a ripe frozen banana, organic coco powder, and some coconut oil into a food processor and eating that as a snack.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

All calories aren't the same.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

All calories aren't the same.

Well that explains it. The 10 you went over with are the clean ones so they don't count
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I would change "for me" would be the ice cream. I would make a banana ice cream.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I see four things. Did you grind your coffee from beans? Was the chicken hormone and antibotic free? Was the popcorn microwaved? I dont have really say anything about the ice cream, lol!

I have a few articles that pre ground coffee adds fillers to make the grounds go further as they fill the cans, so I grind it myself. Microwave popcorn is a chemical war fare unto it's self, lol. But other than that, your good, IMO. :wink:
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would need to know which version of "clean" you are following. Not being at all snarky. But for me, the sugar in the ice cream, the corn in general, wouldn't work.

But I am doing Paleo. no grains, very little dairy, and no sugar.

On the other hand, I am less concerned about pasture and grass fed meats, because I can't afford to feed my family that way.