MFP Food Database -- Something I've figured out

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
I have found that the MFP food database is MUCH better than the one that was in the WW online program. I have found NO foods (so far) that aren't in the database. Sometimes even the brand I'm using is there. If no, then I add it. And *if* my brand is there I verify that the calorie information is correct. I haven't found one that isn't so far.

Little tip :) I've also found that if something isn't there and I need to add it (like the Cheetos I bought at the $ Store recently), I simply add my name as the brand. That way when I go to look for it again, I just bring up the food database and search for "Cindy". Anything I've added specifically shows up :)

Replies

• goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Great tips!! I especially like that I can swipe to the right when I have a meal that is a repeat from the day before. This is especially helpful for breakfast since I often eat the same thing in the morning.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I attended a WW class today on how to use the WW App. WW must have thought "Better late than never"?
    I have been learning how to use it on my own since I began. I actually showed the Instructor how to see your Progress Chart over different time frames. She didn't know that feature.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    I agree Cindy I've found that you be true as well.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    @goldenfrisbee Well the swiping probably won't work for me since I only use MFP on my laptop :)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    The only thing you have to watch is that some of it is user entered and doesn't always have all the Nutritional information included. And of course, as in the past, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is and you should verify.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I attended a WW class today on how to use the WW App. WW must have thought "Better late than never"?
    I have been learning how to use it on my own since I began. I actually showed the Instructor how to see your Progress Chart over different time frames. She didn't know that feature.

Might just be in your area Jim. We have an apps class once or twice a year, and my WW leader offers to walk people through it whenever someone is struggling to figure it out. Of course, I have THE BEST leader ever :)
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    The only thing you have to watch is that some of it is user entered and doesn't always have all the Nutritional information included. And of course, as in the past, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is and you should verify.

Yeah, I usually try to use the ones with the green check marks since that apparently means they all NI and have been verified. If mine is a specific brand that isn't listed, I usually just go ahead and add it for myself. Sometimes I enter ALL the NI and sometimes I just enter the stuff that's important to me.